Options to cover pipes under skirting

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by ryan1139, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ryan1139

ryan1139 New Member

I have had skirting fitted recently and the guy fitting them has had to cut around the radiator pipes.

Other than getting inventive with covering them, is there anything I can use to make it blend with the skirting (will be white once painted). I have attached an image.

Attached Files:

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

Maybe just fill with some bonding plaster.

3. Wayners

Wayners Well-Known Member

Don't compress photo so much. Can't see anything. Lit photo app Android set at 30% is ok

4. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

The only real way to sort that is to rip it off, get a new piece and a new fitter and get him to rebate the back of the skirting so the pipe can be covered fully, it looks like it’s set back from the face of the skirting by at least a quarter of an inch. Another option would have been to fix 1/2” thick doorstop or 3/4” thick batten to the wall flush with the top of the skirting then fix the skirting to that, it’s packed off the wall slightly yes but it’s a hundred times better than the finish you currently have. Other than that, fill it with any old ***** as metro suggested then filler over the top flush.

5. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

Could caulk it in with some newspaper as a substrate.

6. Abrickie

Abrickie Active Member

Sack joiner, remove eyesore, find real joiner, get joiner to scribe out back of skirting, job done. If you fill it at some point it’s going to crack and need redoing, so you may as well do it right first( second in this case) time

gadget man and ryan1139 like this.