osb board to metal fence railings

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Bazlem, May 5, 2023.

1. Bazlem

Bazlem Member

Hi everyone,
    I want to put up some osb boards against metal railing to give me some privacy. what is the best fixings to fix the board against the railings?

Thanks

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

self tapping screws

3. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Self-tapper, tek screws as they have the larger wafer head, or nuts and bolts. Depends how much work you want to do and what access you have. Consider spreading the load of any fixing with a large washer if it’s going to be up for any length of time to stop the fixing pulling through.

Bazlem likes this.
  4. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

Flat plate with nut and bolts so you don’t damage railing is the way I would go put 2 bolts per plate so you sandwich railing

Bazlem likes this.
  5. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

Use some u bolts.

BuildingMad likes this.
  6. chillimonster

chillimonster Screwfix Select

have some batten running horizontally at top
    and bottom to spread the loading.

7. Resmond

Resmond Active Member

How long are you planning on having it there? cut edges on osb tend to swell

8. Alan22

Alan22 Screwfix Select

That's what I was thinking, it will last a couple of months.

Resmond likes this.
  9. MikeByfield

MikeByfield Active Member

If it’s outside it will fall apart in no time.

10. modiji8811

modiji8811 New Member

This is a bad idea. The wind will knock it down. The wind pressure will be exponentially higher on a solid surface than on the pretty open chain links. The posts aren't embedded deep enough to resist that load. That's why they use a mesh cover on construction sites and what not.

11. modiji8811

modiji8811 New Member

I want to put up some osb boards against metal railing to give me some privacy. what is the best fixings to fix the board against the railings?

pikashow.fyi
    ppssppgold.one