Outbuilding roof insulation query

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Gareth Birkett, Feb 21, 2021 at 2:35 PM.

  1. Gareth Birkett

    Gareth Birkett New Member

    I have an outbuilding that I need to partition a section off and insulate so it can be used as an office. It is concrete base, brick walls and corrugated cement fibre board roof which is fixed to the purlins. The roof is in good order so I want insulate and board under it, build the partition wall and insulate the floor. I am uncertain of the best way to insulate the roof, I don't want to remove the roof but am concerned that insulating directly under it may create a condensation and damp issue. What is the best way to do this, also I am not keen on spray insulation.
  2. John9857

    John9857 Member

    Hi there, you can insulate above the flat roof section using Kingspan TR27 or Celotex Crown-Up of crown-Fix or similar. Use high-performance Phenolic insulation like Kingspan K110 or Kingspan TP10 maybe. Both of which will give great U-values

Share This Page