Outdoor kitchen, Deck and Pergola

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Matt J, May 11, 2020.

1. Matt J

Matt J Member

Hi all!

New to the forum. I had loads of questions so figured it was worth signing up! Hopefully I can contribute something of value also. I would describe my DIY skills as an ambitious amateur and get most of my education from google and youtube! We moved into a project house around 18 months ago and I've ventured into removing lathe and plaster, plaster boarding, moving a loft hatch, hanging doors, door frames that sort of thing.

I decided I wanted to build a humble BBQ for the garden, and then thought I might build a deck to put it on, and if i'm doing a deck I might as well add a pergola, and why not make the BBQ an outdoor kitchen and so it escalated. Before I knew it I was sketching it all out online and ordering the timber (150x150mm posts and bolt downs are rare to find right now!).

I thought I would post some pictures of the build here as it's become quite a project for me and i'll have lots of questions.

It won't be perfect, but it's all part of the learning!

(if you wanted to see the house and project so far you can see it on instagram - @hill_view_project)

Here we go...

This is the space before I started...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the prep and design!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matt J

Matt J Member

Now to start with the foundations and sub-frame -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Matt J

Matt J Member

I then started fitting the picture frame and fascia boards and running the wires before the boards go down -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics to follow as the build continues!