Paint blistering on 17 plate van - suspicious or normal?

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Dilby, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Dilby

Dilby Member

Hi all - Was hoping some kind folks could help. I bought a Citroen relay van last month - 2017 plate with 34k miles as a winter van conversion project (yup bad time to buy, I know!). Bought from a proper Citroen dealer, all legit. However looking at it more carefully there’s evidence it’s had a light respect; after talking to some folks that’s apparently common with commercial vehicles as it’s often needed to cover old songwriting marks and the like, and if you have the facilities and know how then it’s a quick job.

However after 3 weeks on the drive I can see blistering paint around wheel arches and rust is coming through the wheels where I’ve realised they sprayed silver. Now I can get covers for the wheels but I just wanted to hear some feedback on if that’s cause for concern and how common it is for the wheel arches to be like that. I notice all wheel nuts are rusty too but again maybe that’s to be expected.

I previously had an old van I was forever doing body work on and I wanted to avoid that by getting a newer van!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

Take it back to the dealer to inspect….if you are within 30days you have the right to reject it. Over 30days and under 6 months they will have to repair legit problems as it would be deemed the fault existed at the point of sale. Google CRA 2015.

3. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Tbh that looks normal for a 5 year old commercial vehicle. Just be glad it’s not a Land Rover. They can be rusty from new

if it’s a keeper I would cavity wax everything I could and run down and treat light rust like this