Paint roller spidnle diameter

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by aarrttyy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. aarrttyy

aarrttyy New Member

I have just purchased two packs of mini roller for my roller frame and they do not "click" onto the frame. Have I just bought to faulty lots or have the frame spindles been reduced in diameter? The frame is a few years old.

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Got a photo of this frame & the mini rollers sleeves you bought, then we can sort things out.

Don't think mini roller frames have ever changed,regardles of mini roller sleeves I buy, they fit,some need a bit more force to get fully onto frame (most likely cause my old frames)..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  3. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Only aware of the friction fit sleeves for mini roller frames never known one to click fit.

4. aarrttyy

aarrttyy New Member

Problem sorted.
    I had to go into town and checked in Wilko store. The new rollers fitted their frames so bought one and problem over. My old frame is 5.2mm diameter and the new one is 6.0mm diameter, hence the mystery. So obviously at some stage there has been a redesign. As for the click or not, my old frame audibly clicks when my last remaining old roller is fitted. The new frame with the new rollers does not click. So that is a brand new mystery but of no consequence whatsoever, but thanks for the interesting post anyway.