paint sprayer for conservatory the correct choice?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by macliam88, Sep 1, 2021.

1. macliam88

macliam88 Member

so I am painting the interior of conservatory this weekend. Have already sanded back the old stain and wiped down. See the pictures attached

I have masked all the windows including glass (because im using integrated masking tape and plastic sheet it was very little extra work to do this)

My plan was to tackle this project with a paint sprayer given all the tight spots and intricate detail around the whole room. is that the right plan?

Attached Files:

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Haupon tm 71

Wagner 250m probably best bet although the haupon will do it as stain is thin.

One is hvlp and the other is airless

Those are the cheap options

3. macliam88

macliam88 Member

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

That's too big of question. With practice hvlp is good finish so is brush and roller.
    Cheap diy hvlp are ok for thin materials but it's not easy.

5. macliam88

macliam88 Member

ok thats fair. that paint sprayer I got on amazon that i linked to had very good reviews and was likened to wagner in similar price point models. I have no experience with sprayers at all. I thought that with the many nooks and crannies beams and panelling in this conservatory that it would warrant the use of a sprayer. What would you do?

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Get some cardboard to practice on and get spraying. See how you get on.

7. Foam boy

Foam boy New Member

What is your level of experience with any sprayer? Is this your own place or is it a customers and the finish needs to be perfect. What do you have for PPE? What do you have for ventilation? When you spray you get a lot of atoms floating around in the air. These will stick to anything including the work you just sprayed making bumps in your finish if urethane. Not to mention you, the floor, the side of the house, plants, the neighbors car, all depend ing on your ventilation. It sounds like your sprayer is new and not a known brand, so I can only imagine what equipment you have for personal protective equipment and ventilation.
    Spraying will be faster, but it will be more of a headache. Brushing is simple, but time consuming. If you have proper ppe then I say go for it. I’m talking full face mask, preferably forced air not filter cartridges, a suit, gloves, something to cover your wrists ( I use cut tube socks), boot covers.

8. macliam88

macliam88 Member

wow thanks foam boy for the detailed insight. my XP with sprayer is zero. iv used spray cans but obviously thats not the same. have a decent mask. its my house not a customer. i dont charge people for my DIY exploits just yet :)

the only ventilation i have in the conservatory is the door and windows. but then by the sounds of it you are saying ill end up with paint on stuff outside too?