Painting flaking off bathroom wall

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Trina, Oct 7, 2020.

?

How to stop paint flaking off walls

1. Best paint

2. What to use to stop flaking paint

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Trina

Trina New Member

Hi everyone. I really need help. I've painted my bathroom twice in the past 6 mths and the paint is still flaking off the walls. Last paint I used an undercoat let it dry for 2 days then painted with matt imulsion. I'm currently sanding the walls down again!! Can anyone recommend anything I can put on the walls to stop this from happening.. If it happens again I'm going to leave it as a distressed looked.. Thanks xx

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

An acrylic Eggshell paint.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Get an extractor fan fitted if you do not have one already.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Ventilate the room by opening a window if there is one.

5. Trina

Trina New Member

I have an extractor fan, window is opened after bath or shower.. There is a vent above the window which is always left open..

6. Nanook

Nanook Active Member

When you say ‘Matt emulsion’ did you mean vinyl Matt emulsion or something else?

What brands and types of paint have you used?

7. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Try some white anti-condensation paint.
    For belt and braces approach thermal lined paper ( Lower the due point) then anti-condensation paint..

I have sealed (beeline sealer) then wall smoother and two coats of zinsser perma white or it can be tinted to a colour. That's the first option but if you have damp forming try one of the other options..