Painting New kitchen Cabinets

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by moving1moretime, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hi I'm looking to find out what the best paint is for kitchen cabinets...these are new bare wood....I've looked at Farrow n Ball...nice colours ...nice price !!!!!!
    Little Greene...lovely colours...still pricey.....
    Protex interior ...nice colours..price not too bad.....anyone use the above or could recommend any other.....price isn't really an issue if the paint does the job right...
    TIA

2. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

What do you call pricey, quality costs, 2.5 litre waterbase Eggshell goes a long way. Little Greene have a fabulous range of paint, you should be looking at Eggshell finish for kitchen cupboard painting. Google 'The Paint shed' as great savings on paint prices, I do not think they sell Little Greene but Dulux Trade have a decent selection of colours in an Eggshell finish. You will also require a Primer/Undercoat again Dulux Trade do one with excellent opacity.

3. Well they all seem dearer than most paints, but as I say price isn't an issue if the paint does a good job, I've looked at the little Greene paint and I am drawn to the colours on offer....I don't want to skimp on cheaper paint if the others are a better choice...kitchens been hand made so I want a quality finish....I choose to paint it myself as I want a mix of colours and a good paint is a must ..I'll look at the Dulux see what colours they do.....can you recomend a good paint brush for the job....TIA

4. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Purdy Monarch Elite for brushes, look at the Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell or Little Greene Intelligent Eggshell both good paints although as you say Little Greene has a superb colour choice.

5. That's great, thanks for the help...