Panic-buying fuel-pump sheep

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by woodbutcherbower, Sep 26, 2021.

1. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

The #1 reason why filling stations are running out of fuel is that cretins just like you are forming a queue to top-up £3 worth of diesel in the tank of your behemoth 8-wheel-drive 'look-at-me-everyone' earthmover vanity-plated SUV - and filling a few jerrycans just to be on the safe side.

You're too pig-thick to realise that the only reason these places are running out of fuel is because of mindless * like you, doing what you're currently doing. I bet you still have a few pallets of bog roll left over from the first lockdown. You're the first ones to moan about the fact that the shelves in Tesco are half-empty - but the truck drivers trying to make the deliveries can't get any diesel ............because * like you already drained the pumps.

If the media announced a potential shortage of Veet leg-hair remover or Robinson's raspberry jelly tomorrow, you'd be straight down to Tesco panic-buying the lot.

I despair at the stupidity of humanity. I really do.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2021
  2. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

3. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

You are of course, referring to the 'collective stupidity' of humanity. Just trying to get you out of the hole you have dug for yourself. :)

4. Offshore

Offshore Active Member

I think the media are the worst culprits in all of this.
    "There's no need to panic buy, but here's some footage of people panic buying anyway."

5. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

The follow on will be people breaking down because all the carp in the bottom of the fuel tanks has been stirred up and passed on as you fill up just like it was in the early 2000's when there were problems.

My concern is ensuring I have enough fuel to take my wife on a 40 mile round trip for her cancer treatment once in a while.

6. Totally agree. I was lucky and rushed out to fill up before the idiots.

7. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

:D:D:D

8. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

Why does owning a SUV attract such vitriol? Your comments clearly mark you out as a "sheep" and, possibly, a ******.
    Why is owning a Chelsea tractor, in terms of turning heads, any different to owning a Jag or, god forbid, a Lamborghini?
    If we were truly not concerned about wanting to have the right image, we would all be running around town in a C5 (that guy was ahead of his time, IMO) and car Marques and designer labels would be a thing of the past.

Just to clarify, I have owned XJ's in the past, but now due to slightly reduced circumstances I drive a 6yo Octavia (had it for 5 years!), so, presumably, not on your hate list

9. LeonWiddicombe

LeonWiddicombe Active Member

I drive a Porsche SUV with big wheels and summer tyres. Couldn't give a to55 what a grumpy man on the tinterweb thinks :D

exbg likes this.
  10. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

It is a nightmare - I filled up on Sunday and spent 7 hours on Monday just driving around so that I could fill up again today before the idiots got in!

ThomasAnderson and gadget man like this.
  11. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I am in the NE just a couple of miles outside Newcastle on the coast.

Filled up this morning with diesel, £25. Closest garage to me was taped off. Next one a couple of minutes away straight in and to the pump without queuing. On the way home after a few jobs noticed queue at Morrison's, about 20 cars I would say, and the next Shell garage I passed, a mile down the road, no queue and spaces at the pumps. This is all in an urban area.

12. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

That's handy to know, I need to fill up and my nearest fuel is Morrison's in Whitley Bay..:)

13. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

:p F1DE230D-621B-480C-BF13-361F920C5DFD.jpeg :D

woodbutcherbower likes this.
  14. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

TBH, who are the real sheep? Those needing to get fuel to carry out their daily lives, or those who relentlessly post boring “sheep” memes and comments?

Same as the Vaccine sheep issue.
    I would say that a large proportion of anti vaxxers are sheep themselves. Reciting spurious claims and downright lies without actually analysing what they are saying.

And then you get Morons who somehow think only SUV owners are the cause of the problem

Muzungu likes this.
  15. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

New model army ! No, not that rock group but new roles for our squaddies ! Now that the boys & girls are busy delivering fuel this weekend, perhaps time to draw up a list of other chores they can start on. Once the tanker drivers have sorted the fuel crisis, they can transfer their skills to delivering milk and cream. Some can get ready for plucking turkeys, while others can start digging up carrots, parsnips and potatoes ! Finally finish off by delivering lashings of hot gravy using the milk tankers. That’s Xmas sorted. :D

16. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

The experts on this are now saying that there really is a fuel shortage because if there wasn't all the panicker's would have full tanks by now and we should be seeing a huge downturn in the demand on supplies but we're not!

17. fred812

fred812 Screwfix Select

Think it's regional, seems to be improving round here.

18. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Local station has 9000lts of petrol and nobody in filling exsept us. Limit to £30 per fill.

No diesel but delivery late evening.

Maybe a bit regional but fuel shortages is coming to an end it seems. If low just ask at stations to find out when they are getting delivery and go get some but around my city there is fuel

19. fred812

fred812 Screwfix Select

Wonder how long the £30 limit will stay? I'm just thinking of all the Covid excuses that are hanging around, many of which are getting ridiculous!

20. Does this mean electric cars have a longer range between fill ups?