Parking enforcement at Keir Park

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by complianceboy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. complianceboy

complianceboy New Member

Would all Screwfix customers who use the branch at Kier Park in Uxbridge, Middlesex be aware that parking tickets are being issued for parking anywhere but in the designated bays.
    The problem is that there are limited bays at this branch and workers from other businesses are parking in the bays leaving nowhere else to park but next to the concrete barriers across the road.
    I think Screwfix need to lean on the landlord to be more considerate for paying Screwfix customers.
    Can I contest the parking ticket I have been issued????.

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Active Member

are there any signs up warning that tickets will be issued if not parking in the correct bays.

3. complianceboy

complianceboy New Member

Hi
    Unfortunately there are signs everywhere but I thought it was to deter the travelling community from setting up as there are many large units that still remain unoccupied.
    When I mentioned that I received a PCN to the staff they said that the landlord is very greedy and they are behind the parking scam.
    I went to this branch on Thursday and a parking attendant was outside but appeared to be letting private cars off and targeting business owners, might have to look into this as it could be discriminatory again businesses.

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Well-Known Member

Suggest you get on to the consumer action group site, lots of help there on how not to pay the invoice!
    For now don't appeal though

5. rogerk101

rogerk101 Well-Known Member

NEVER pay a PCN!
    No matter how many threatening letters you'll receive from the car park management company and their debt collecting gangsters, they'll never actually take you to court. In the VERY rare cases that these things do make it to court, nearly all of them are lost because the penalties are deemed excessive for the offence.
    For example ...
    My wife received a PCN for parking for 5 minutes in the same place that we and many others have been parking for the last 12 years at our local Co-Op supermarket. Eurocarparks recently started managing the car park on behalf of Co-Op and they really wanted to max out on revenues fro PCNs, so they've been issuing hundreds of tickets there every day. The initial £40 penalty for parking in an unmarked bay climbed steadily over the first year right up to £150. No court in the land would consider a fine of £150 to be appropriate for such a small offence, and it would be thrown out immediately. Once thrown out, the defendants could very easily take the car park management company to court for the stress and suffering they caused in their lives, and they'd stand a reasonably good chance of winning.
    If my local Screwfix allowed a car park management company to start issuing PCNs outside their branches, I'd simply switch 100% to Toolstation.

6. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Well-Known Member

I would be cautious of the above, many companies are winning these charges now, quite often by default.
    In this case Screwfix have the ability to tell the management company to drop it, have you tried the store manager. Twitter etc can do wonders too

7. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

1st off if its a private carpark the "parking ticket" is not a PCN, Only local authorities can issue though.

If you acknowledge the ticket by way of an appeal, you have excepted the contract between you for the ticket, not acknowledging it leaves to parking company to prove you did infact outstay or park in the wrong place at the time said, this isn't as easy as it looks.

Again though as said above, more and more parking companies are taking it right through to court and are winning though they tend to be cases where it was appealed, lost and then not paid.

8. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

I know the branch well and it is not just SF customers but customers of other businesses too. SF lease the building and frontage where there are several spaces - outside that they have no control about what happens. Except they can lean on the management company to be lenient and put improved parking times in place. Once word gets out about customers being targeted, the management company will realise that other potential occupiers may well be put off leasing buildings if their customers will be hit too. Just park in tight and if you block someone just say something when you enter "if anyone is blocked in mine is the ..."

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

If it is a private car park then any ticket issued is a PCN (parking charge notice) Only the local authorities can issue parking tickets for illegally parked cars on public highways/ car parks (double yellows etc)

rogerk101 likes this.
  10. rogerk101

rogerk101 Well-Known Member

Agree ... that's what all the communications relating to my wife's one call them.