part p again!!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dj., Jun 16, 2004.

1. dj.

dj. New Member

i do certain jobs that may entertain taking off sockets, switches, and lowering ceiling roses although its rare for me to physically remove these items. under part p does this mean that i have to get a spark to undo these items and replace afterwards. could the house holder do it as it wouldn't be for their financial gain.

dj.

2. dj.

dj. New Member

anyone???

3. sparks

sparks New Member

anyone???

If any of us could get our heads round part P we would let you know, I asked my NICIEC inspecter on his last visit and he spoke for about 2 minutes on part P and at the end of it had said nothing! yesterday I was invited to a local NICEIC forum which is suposedly to discuss part P if I learn anything worthwhile I will post it

4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Hi dj

The work you describe will NOT be affected by Part P legislation. Do you really think a Building Inspector will want to be notified of every plug socket, ceiling light, switch plate change that happens? I don't think so. I am getting quite cheesed off with seeing all the nonsense being posted about something which has not yet been introduced and the usual scaremongering that surrounds it. Part P will be completely unenforceable and will rely 100% on the integrity of everyone involved for it to work. In my very cynical outlook on life and knowing people most will completely deny any knowledge of it anyway...the "Well nobody told me!" syndrome (as if we are supposed to go around knocking on everyone's door to let them know about it...There are plenty of building regulations that all ready get ignored...why change the habits of a lifetime.

5. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Exactly!

Just carry on as before - everyone else will.

No worries.

TT

6. LSpark

LSpark New Member

hello there Trician :^O

7. Dewy

Dewy New Member

For everyone to know about Part P if or when it's introduced the government would have to spend millions of taxpayers money on a campaign of TV ads, Newspapers & leaflets through every door. Not everyone watches or takes notice of TV ads, reads newspaper ads or actually looks at leaflets. I have been tempted to fit a letterbox in my wheelie bin and blocking up the door letterbox to save me throwing them all away myself. ;)

8. dj.

dj. New Member

thanx guys............

sems like i'll be taking the "dunno nobody told me" approach.

ta dj.

9. Mr MAN

Mr MAN New Member

dj - my personal thinking on this and believe me I'm not qualified to answer any questions like this.

When you have to do the work you state to the home owner - "Yes, I'll do the work but it's YOUR responsibility to remove electrical appliances in accordance with the current electrical regulations and ensure the saftey of yourself and others".

Firstly and obviously you should make sure you are yourself safe - that's your own responsibility.

Otherwise it's up to the house holder for instance to make the decision of employing an electrical contractor or not - basically if you do this then you are not responsible for the outcome - put it into writing and obtain the signature of the person employing you to keep yourself clean and within the law and you can't go that far wrong..

If you are unsure of the state or conditions of the workplace then turn the work down - that's to your advantage if you live through the experience.

Mr Man...

10. The Trician

The Trician New Member

I agree - fight fire with fire. Ensure that your work complies with the current regs and all will be well.

Get the householder to give a written acknowledgment and Robert's your cousin's father as they say.

TT

11. Mr MAN

Mr MAN New Member

Do you mean "Bob's you aunty's live in lover"??

12. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Bob could be anybody at this time of night mate!

TT

13. dj.

dj. New Member

bob the builder?

14. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Or it could be a man in a swimming pool with no arms and no legs?

:):):)

TT

15. dj.

dj. New Member

TT

iv'e been reading some of your posts on "poo" and your not impressed are you?
    luckily there are not so many regulations in the plastering game so i count that as a blessing. however anyone can go on a 2 day british gypsum course and call themselves a plasterer. at least with the regulations, you qualified sparks should have something to fall back on. or am i talking poo??

dj

16. Mr MAN

Mr MAN New Member

I know who you mean - Bob.....

Bob Hope was on 'Surprise Surprise', and bragged that despite his 97 years of age, he could still do it three times a night.

After the show, Cilla said, "Bob, if I'm not being too forward, I'd love to have you. Let's go back to my place."

So they go back to her place and have a great session.

Afterwards, Bob says, "If you think that was good, let me sleep for a half hour, and we can have an even better session. But while I'm sleeping, hold my bits in your hands."

Cilla looks a bit perplexed, but says, "Okay."

He sleeps for half an hour, awakens, and they have even better session. Then Bob says, "Cilla, that was wonderful. But if you let me sleep for an hour, we can have the best session yet. But again, hold my bits in your hands."

Cilla is now used to the routine and complies. The results are mind blowing for Cilla.

Once its all over, and the cigarettes are lit, Cilla asks "Bob, tell me, does my holding your bits in your hands stimulate you while you're sleeping?"

Bob replies, "No, but the last time I slept with a Scouser, she stole my wallet."

Night, Night,,

Mr Man.....

17. Dewy

Dewy New Member

however anyone can go on a 2 day british gypsum
    course and call themselves a plasterer.
    dj

Of course, anyone could also drink 20 pints and say he's plastered.

18. dj.

dj. New Member

very funny dewy & mr man
    it was supposed to be a serious conversation!!!

19. Stoday

Stoday New Member

however anyone can go on a 2 day british gypsum
    course and call themselves a plasterer.
    dj

So what? Anyone can pick up an oily rag and call themselves an engineer.