Part p self certification

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by marty1, Nov 6, 2010.

1. J.P.

J.P. New Member

:^O

2. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Sorry the laughing smiley not aimed at your post Mr L.

3. marty1

marty1 New Member

Thank you Andy.

4. J.P.

J.P. New Member

I mean theres plenty of sparks driving around in nice signwritten vans perfectly content with doing domestic (and bagging the odd £150 for an element change) work and never give a thought to the industrial sparking sector. Does this deflate there credence as Part P Registered sparks..of course not.

''Afore Ye Go''

5. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Just as I thought: the O/P, Smarty1, is a wind-up artiste - and not a very clever or subtle one .

Lucia

6. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

J.P.

I realised about the smiley lol!!

Think your comparison between a car mech and an aircraft mech is a tad stretched there JP!! Chalk and cheese springs to mind!! One has to be certified on every type of aircraft, before being allowed anywhere near it, ...while the other doesn't!! He can work on any type of car, given a little training...

Perhaps a heavy commercial vehicle mech would have been a more appropriate comparison

7. gripster

gripster New Member

I was a maintenance spark for 15 years and have been self employed domestic/commercial spark for around five they have different kinds of pressure and require different skill sets but just from a stress point of view ive found being self employed far more stressful than when I could just clock out at end of shift and forget it.

8. marty1

marty1 New Member

Lucia...All I did was want some info on this,read my post again it was a genuine question,rather than trawling the internet trying to find an answer I thought id pop on here(which I found through a search engine)and ask some other sparks that might know off the top of their head.

Andy has shed some light on it and im going to do some more research.

Why would this be a wind up? A not very clever wind up artiste? with over 5000 posts you really do need to get out a bit more dear boy.

9. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

You protest too much, Smarty1.

Give this one up. Try again later.....

Lucia.

10. marty1

marty1 New Member

Nah im just a nice pleasant guy.

Goodnight and thanks again Paul and Andy.

11. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

So long, sucker.....

12. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

sls

13. J.P.

J.P. New Member

14. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

lap dog bbc2

big log n all that

cheers

15. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Cheers Mr Sillys..just been listening to Bon Jovi..not sure if I liked them or not - is that music they play classed as easy listening pop?

16. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

JP, just think about simple things like cable runs for example, you know, how to get a bit of 6mm t/e from the consumer unit to the kitchen for instance, move beds, wardrobe, pull up carpet, pull up floorboards (if you're lucky, if not cut access holes in chipboard sheets!)chase down wall, eventually run cable in, make good the chase, replace carpets, bed, wardrobe, etc,etc, all whilst people are in the house wanting to have the telly or washing machine etc working. Most industrial/commercial sparks wouldn't know where to start, and i'm not putting them down for that, it's just that it's a completely different game. I remember running a supply in for a new ramp at my local garage some time ago, 4 core SWA, out of the dist board, up the wall, along an existing cable tray and down into the ramp isolator, just so easy compared to a comparable domestic job!

SPOT ON SENAPOD 2
    I have tried it all, rewire domestic is the most demanding

17. J.P.

J.P. New Member

SLEAZYNOB

I still laugh at that LD..:)

18. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Filthy Beast !

19. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

Lucia.

I have to agree with the others, being a industrial or domestic spark, you will be more conversant with the works that you are carrying out each day and less familiar with the stuff you don't.

It's okay to state that we should be 'abreast of all aspects of the industry in general', but we're not all perfect and do need some support or assistance in areas or territories that we're not familiar with from time to time.

You need to consider Lucia that you are only 'reasonably' conversant with all disciplines of the industry' and even you may need some advice. So, given time you may fall in a rut too!

20. J.P.

J.P. New Member

That Big Log is good nay excellent on BBC2..Robert Plants still in with the best.