Partition with 3x2 CLS

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by kirkdx, Jan 22, 2020.

1. kirkdx

kirkdx Active Member

Hi,

I'm building a small stud wall to sit between a shower and bath. This is where I'm planning to mount the shower and wall mounted taps for the bath on the other side and obviously hide the pipes supplying them. It's only a small wall, 900mm wide, 210mm thick and the full height of the room (approx 2300mm). This wall will have elements waterproof board and then tiles on it.

Because of it only being 210mm think I'm trying to keep the size of the timber as small as sensible so that there is plenty of room for the pipes and fixings, so I'm thinking of using 3x2 CLS, probably with an upright at 450mm centre or 2 on 300mm centres with noggins and further horizontal supports for mounting taps and shower components.

Does 3x2 CLS sound OK for a wall of this size and would you go with 450mm or 300mm uprights?

Thanks

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

It will be fine. Floor to ceiling with noggings it will be perfectly alright. Either 300 or 450 for your intermediates - whichever works best for the things you want to mount - I suppose it depends if you're having a wall mounted bath spout and where that needs to be.

It might be worth putting a 4x2 on the corner oriented long ways to catch the shower screen mounting if that makes sense.

jackelliott07 likes this.
  3. kirkdx

kirkdx Active Member

That's a good idea about the 4x2 on the corner to hang the screen off. Thanks

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

i would think about using plywood on one side so you can fit anything anywhere ie soap dish shower head etc