Paslode or not ?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by boswellali, Oct 26, 2007.

1. boswellali

boswellali New Member

Hello all
    I'm currently renovating my own home and don't mind paying for good quality tools that will last but I'm not sure whether I will get my use from a nail gun.

Although the whole house requires new skirting and architrave alike, Is it worth buying a paslode or dewalt or other brand?

I've never used a nail gun and not sure if they are just used for bigger jobs?

Can anybody help and if you recommend me to buy one can you suggest a model/type

2. J.T. Builders Ltd

J.T. Builders Ltd New Member

na, no point, buy a decent cordless, (Bosch blue) and buy a good SDS (Bosch Blue) and get a good hammer, and screwy and plug it all.

I would only buy a nail gun if i would be useing it a few times each week etc.

3. orangeST

orangeST New Member

Why dont you fit all your skirting and then hire one for the day? it only take a couple of hours to go round and nail up and will only cost about 30 to 40 pound?

4. lamello

lamello New Member

all depends what your fixing into surely. Paslodes are no good for brickwork. I fix all my skirtings with gripfill and an air masonry nailer.

5. galman

galman New Member

hi mate. does anyone know of anywhere that fixes paslodes. the guy that works for me put the nails in the wrong way, the gun misfired and he opened the gun up. by trying to fix it he's knackered it. Im sure its missing something as well.

6. DeadlyD

DeadlyD New Member

After I bought my paslode I thought to myself...what the bejesus have I been doing for the last few years...it paid for itself in about 3 weeks.

Must say, nailing under my thumbnail wasn't pleasant and I sure as * haven't done it again.

[Edited by: admin8]

7. boswellali

boswellali New Member

Thank you everyone

8. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

ud b laughed off most sites using the ol hammer :)

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

galman .....take it into local hire shop,most of them repair tools ,i know for sure that HSS hire as well Travis Perkins do,because i have bought sevice spares from them

10. mailee

mailee New Member

Hey Galman, once you get that Paslode fixed I would try it out by nailing your employees hands to the floor! :)