paslode thief

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by handcraft, Feb 29, 2008.

1. handcraft

handcraft New Member

a couple of months ago i got 3 new nail guns to replace the old battered ones i got rid of my old single shot spit gun and got a new spit pulsa got the im350 and new im65a

today when packing my tools up early i left my van open and all 3 have been took i am now going to have to spend over a grand to replace they didnt take anything else anyone think this is odd ?

lee

2. Guest

hi handcraft sorry to hear about your loss i hope u catch the theiving ******** good luck mate was it pikeys?

3. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i dont know i didnt see anyone drive off it was a private job didnt even hear a car im sure if it was pikeys i would have heard theyre knackered old flatbed rummbling away im currently comparing prices for replacements

lee

4. Guest

well in future mate be a bit more carefull and make sure u get your tools insured just incase it could have been some one on site i will put my life saving on the site manager:p

5. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ive had kit pinched before but never this amount of money so im well gutted the one time i dont lock my van and it happens

lee

6. budd

budd New Member

sorry to hear of that

ive had my tools stolen twice in 10 years once from van once from job

remember once a pikey camp in south east london got raided which is rare in its self lol

they found £40,000 worth power tools

7. handcraft

handcraft New Member

just strange they took my nails guns i had a bunch of cordless makita li ion kit in the back too

lee

8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Who did you tell you had all this gear in the Van, and were they on or near site?

Seems a bit too opportunistic to me, maybe this 'someone' was lying in wait? :O

9. handcraft

handcraft New Member

it wasnt on site it was an industrial unit the car park was full ive been they 3 times before this one but theres never really anyone about

lee

10. MattChip

MattChip New Member

If it was an industrial unit they may have the ******* on camera - ask around before they wipe any old tapes

Gutted for you

11. handcraft

handcraft New Member

thanks matt chip i never even though of that instead i threw a wobbly and drove home as fast as i could honking the horn and shouting at whoever i could

lee

12. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Obviously stolen by someone in the trade - they knew the value and have probably already sold them down the pub.

13. handcraft

handcraft New Member

either way their gone

lee

14. dunc

dunc New Member

I am afraid I have to agree with Captain Leaky. it's someone who knows your habits and movements and the quality of your kit. Then they wait for the moment to take you.

15. handcraft

handcraft New Member

really cant think who it could be ive only spoke to 3 people since ive been over there probably some scumbag been watching while he was on his lunch break from stacking shelves

lee

16. sammy toaster

sammy toaster New Member

you have to admit to yourself that you were careless, but anyone who steals someones tools will not have luck with them.

17. handcraft

handcraft New Member

either way next time im there and i see someone even glance at my van im gunna break theire * legs

lee

[Edited by: admin4]

18. sammy toaster

sammy toaster New Member

are you going to hate the world even more now? is some innocent shelf stacker going to get a kicking, a bit of road rage even?.

19. handcraft

handcraft New Member

depends how i feel monday

lee

20. sammy toaster

sammy toaster New Member

good, your calming, you,ll get over it. we never died a winter yet.