paslode thief

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by handcraft, Feb 29, 2008.

1. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ive already ordered 2 replacements thats why im calming down

lee

2. !!

!! New Member

poor lad, nothings worse than having your tools nicked, I never let my tools out of line of sight but I've also got the apprentice, I sit in the van while he brings it out all about saftey :) .

That swag programme should still be on T.V, catching those theving little c**ts out.

Ideally you should be able to cause them injury with the items they stole, firing a few 90mm ring shank would make them think about it in future

3. handcraft

handcraft New Member

damn ive already ordered a new im350 and i just seen that the new im90i is coming out soon is it worth it ?

lee

4. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

i have to say the option to put a double length magazine on it is a good idea. on off on the battery is good aswell as the maintainance light

5. handcraft

handcraft New Member

where did you get that info i havent seen that ?

lee

6. chip off the block

7. handcraft

handcraft New Member

mmm looks even better now

lee

8. chip off the block

think it is expensive at the moment though

9. handcraft

handcraft New Member

586 yeah a bit dear i would say

lee

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

either way next time im there and i see someone even glance at my van im gunna break theire * legs

I was looking closely at a new VW van the other day and the owner went beserk!

I was just looking at the van because I am thinking of getting a couple and he thought I was a pikey! - even with my logo'ed shirt and plumbers trousers etc .

11. handcraft

handcraft New Member

poor captain i better not go after the first person i see make me look like a rite mug

lee

12. THE BUILDER MAN

THE BUILDER MAN New Member

couple of weeks back gippos got into my van and had over £3500 worth of gear i know how u feel *

[Edited by: admin1]

13. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ouch lucky the lads kit wasnt in the truck he wouldve been gutted if his stuff got took

lee

14. clarkster

clarkster New Member

ive been tempted to leave the van doors wide open before in what appears to be rather nice quiet residential areas but then in the back of mind something kicks in and remionds that the one time i leave them open is the one time some toe rag will nick my gear.

always lock the van even if your away for only a few seconds because thats all its takes.

15. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

LOCK IT! and leave my hungry doberman tied to it that tends to put off most people from even peeking at it. mind you shes soft as siht really ;)

16. Pikerray

Pikerray Member

17. handcraft

handcraft New Member

no thats the old one
    ive had 2 of the old old ones 1 new one thats the one that got nicked and i just ordered onother one the one you linked to

the new one is the im90i mate

lee

18. cosworth

cosworth New Member

hearing these stories always scare me that it will be me one day.ive only had my van about a month and before that i worked from an estate car and left no tools in it overnight or any other time if i could help it.
    now i have the van i load all my kit boxes into the customers house every day even the ones i dont need for the job as im too afraid of theives.i never leave them at the customers house overnight incase they get burgled so take them home every night.but this is a pain all the time.
    so ive just today had a sentri van box delivered... http://www.thesitebox.com/Product/127517/sentri-van-box.aspx
    havent fitted it yet but does anyone else use these in their vans?im hoping then to leave the boxes i dont need in the van while on the job in the vault. not sure about overnight yet though.

19. Pikerray

Pikerray Member

Ebay eh, bloody false advertising

20. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

if its domestic work, lots of my clients offer to store tools in the homes, for the duration of the job, i think it gives them some comfort that you will return in the morning after gutting out part of their home(LOL), just not sure how insurance would work if the worst should happen?