paslode thief

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by handcraft, Feb 29, 2008.

1. handcraft

handcraft New Member

cosworth
    i was thinking of getting the exactsame one then just put all my power tools in it if they want to nick my toolbox go for it cus its heavy as ****

lee

2. cosworth

cosworth New Member

3. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i prefer spending money on tools and beer lol yeah i know just get yourself a baseball bat im quite a light sleeper luckily so if someone wakes me up messing with the van i'd just grab me bat

lee

4. cosworth

cosworth New Member

cordless king i have sometimes left them overnight if the customer is staying in for the night but i always check first that they aint nipping out for the evening.
    its only my expensive kit i take home tho but leave al the hand tools and cheap stuff like pencils;)

5. evo nut

evo nut New Member

cosworth,

'but does anyone else use these in their vans?'

i use a vault in my van

evo nut

6. lamello

lamello New Member

This is where systainers on a roll board come into their own. With the exception of my chopsaw, extractor and compressor I can unload my tools in one go. Two waist high stacks and I can wheel my TS55, SDS, 2 cordless drill drivers, jigsaw, planer, router, laminate trimmer, handtools, sander, nailers and hoses straight into the house or workshop in one go.

7. cosworth

cosworth New Member

This is where systainers on a roll board come into
    their own. With the exception of my chopsaw,
    extractor and compressor I can unload my tools in one
    go. Two waist high stacks and I can wheel my TS55,
    SDS, 2 cordless drill drivers, jigsaw, planer,
    router, laminate trimmer, handtools, sander, nailers
    and hoses straight into the house or workshop in one
    go.

stop it im dribbling:(

8. ­

­ New Member

get a mop......

9. handcraft

handcraft New Member

LAM YOU SON OF A GUN

that sounds great but i dont think i could manage like that

lee

10. lamello

lamello New Member

What do you mean you couldnt manage like that?

11. handcraft

handcraft New Member

using a systainer as a tool box i prefer my big old irwin tool box

just cus ive never done it before

lee

12. lamello

lamello New Member

I think you misunderstand lee. The idea of systainers is that they work because all the systainers clip togethe so they can be carried as one. So if you have a rolling board on the bottom then you can have handtools in trays inside a systainer4 clipped to that you have a systainer2 with router and laminate trimmer in, on top of that systainer4 with a ts55 in, Then another stack with a rolling board on the bottom with a systainer with air tools in then another systainer with jigsaw and planer in, another with sander etc etc. It just means you have a modular system where every box can clip to another so you end up with just two things to carry instead of 10. I just end up ebaying all my powertool cases and putting the money towards systainers. I used to think they were a complete gimmick and a waste of money but I have to admit I was completely wrong. I will never go back to using normal toolboxes again, I honestly reckon they save me at least 2 hrs every week in terms of unloading and loading the van and sorting my workshop out. Sometimes it is difficut to convey to people what a difference it makes using them.

13. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

i just sorted my van out tonight. i bought 2 sack trolleys from b n q for £25 for the pair. got 90% of power tools stacked on em. Could get the rest on bar chopsaw if i got some more systainers and i hold everything in place with a couple of bungie straps. BUT i haven't driven with them in the back yet so all hell may break lose on the way to work tomorrow

14. handcraft

handcraft New Member

oh yeah lamello i know how they work its just you know old dog new tricks and all that when i upgrade for some festool kit im gonna do the switch just not yet

lee