Patchy Paint Advice

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Duncan Fraser, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Duncan Fraser

Duncan Fraser New Member

Hi,

I've recently painted a wall in my living room using Valspar Collections Matt paint which was colour mixed for me at B&Q

The wall in question is a gable end and has a chimney running up behind it.

When the paint dried I have been left with patches which look like a different colour, as far as I can tell the wall does not feel damp in any places and I made sure to mix the paint well before I applied it. I've also applied two coats.

I'm at a bit of a loss to what might be causing it and any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

What was on the wall prior to painting, how many coats of the Valspar have you applied.

3. Duncan Fraser

Duncan Fraser New Member

The walls are skimmed a few years back and had a light creamy paint on for a number of years and there was no sign of marking then. Just decided to freshen up the room now. There are now two coats and the Mark's are still visible.
    I did fill a few hairline cracks with polyfilla and do a light sand over but dont think it was exactly those spots!

4. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Thinking towards a primer sealer over the patchy areas, probably Zinsser Bullseye 123 but use the Grey one or tint the White one with the Valspar you are using..

5. Duncan Fraser

Duncan Fraser New Member

Cheers I'll give that a go.