Patio drain connected to combination drain

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Studentrooms, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Studentrooms

Studentrooms Member

Hi,

I want to run a patio drain along side the house and connect at an existing gully, outside the bathroom (it takes sink, shower and bath waste already). The gully is higher than the finished patio height, so an assuming i'll need to breakout the old gully and connect to it with something that will A) stop the smells coming back up and B) connect to the patio drain channel.

What gully do I need ?

The only other way I can see is, if levels allow, use a normal gully, under the patio channel and let the water run down to the gully straight through the base outlet of the channel... ??

Cheers

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

First problem, mixing surface water with foul water is a big no no.

Is there not a rain water down pipe you could connect to.

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

depends where you live, soil and rainwater are combined in many areas, certainly where I live/work,to find out pour some die down the downspout grid, if it comes to the soil manhole, they're combined,

4. Studentrooms

Studentrooms Member

Yep, definitely a combined drain already, right or wrong.

I recon I just need a good way to connect the P trap to the underside of the patio channel (cut out the base I guess...)

Then run the channel passed the P trap (I have some space) and have a grated gully something at the end.

Cheers