Patio Problem

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by PHILPH, Jan 7, 2020.

1. PHILPH

PHILPH Member

Hi,

I'm after some advice!

I'm just trying to think ahead incase we do eventually get to have some decent weather in a few months time and never know we might actually get a summer!

Had had my back garden done last year which included a new patio whick looking at it now looks in a right state, nothing to to with the actual work as it was all done first class.

The problem I have is after it was completed, a few weeks later I gave it a good clean and put a sealer on it. It was a nice sunny day and reading the information on the sealer it had to have a minimum of 3 hours to dry, however (luckily or unluckily) the heavens opened 4 hours later and it downpoured for ages afterwards and the patio was more like a swimming pool!

Cut a long story short, every time it rains there must me some reaction and the rainwater just looks like milk, and the patio itself looks a right mess to put it mildly.

Basically my question is what to do to try and sort this mess?

Should I just leave it and hope after a few harsh winters it settles, or should I try some lind of treatment, possibly something like a cement or brick cleaner so I can basically just start it again, however I'm thinking something as harsh as a brick cleaner my harm the appearance of the stone.

Any advice on how to possibly remedy this would be appreciated.

Regards
    Phil