Pension

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ghost from the past, Oct 25, 2010.

1. A fixed state pension of £140 each person is to be proposed by ministers, raising the possibility of an end to means testing. It is understood that the expected increase in the minimum rate will be offset by removing the bureaucracy surrounding means-testing.
    Good old Torys. At last some sense.

2. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

Woopie £140 for us pensioners but when 2015? with means testing a single person gets £132 now in 4yrs time will get £140 big deal nowt else

3. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

so. lets say when i retire in 2018, i can't manage on £140 (or what ever it is then) i can't get topped up with other benefits such as, free glasses.denture,precriptions,comunity tax,etc, etc, i'll have to make do on £140 worth of beer :O

4. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

T/P Never trust a conservative they tell as many lies and tales as labour,as far as your beer money £140 in 2018 will not get you a night out when these lot get started anyway by then there will only wetherspoons open and you dont like there pubs

5. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Surely Tomp will have some vast amount of money salted away for his retirement? Perhaps he'll be forced to sell his collection of vintage Strat's. Tomp, may even take to busking on the streets of Wigan. I've heard the spot near the Coop bank is quite good and the acoustics are just right. ;)

6. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

By t6he way you do not get free glasses,dentist or comunity tax when you retire, well i dont.

7. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

JJ This man cant pick his nose never mind play a strat all show no go

8. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

sadley jj i will have no vast amounts of dosh put away, i spend as i earn and live for today, i won't even drive fast if i still have £1 left in my pocket, so when i retire i will rely fully on the government to keep me, well i've payed them for the last 40 odd years,
    and i might do a bit of busking outside the wetherspoons, the thought behind that is, they'll buy me a pint to shut me up while i drink it. and anyway i sing better when i'm drunk, well i think so, but hey...if your passin please put a penny in the old mans hat :)

9. This is £140 a day isn't it???

10. time will get £140 big deal nowt else

£280 per couple, even you can work that out, that is £90 per week per couple better off.
    Unless your a sad * on your own.

Remember labours 75p rise????

[Edited by: admin]

11. Team of 99

Team of 99 New Member

It will work out a costly increase. They will not give anything away.

12. Apparently not.
    Administering the means testing pension credits costs £54 per person in the country, while the basic pension costs £5.40 per person.
    There may be an army of labour voting civil servants put out of work, but who cares.

13. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

but in 'real terms' whats the 'seasonally adjusted' figure when 'inflation costs' forces 'mr average' to 'put his ducks in a row' and 'play on a level field' up to the eyeballs in mud ? the tories won,t help the workers,

14. Just a bit better than labour ever did, me thinks

15. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

That'll be a first then!!... Some have very short memories here... lol!!!

16. Yours truly

Yours truly New Member

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD THE GOVs NEW PLAN?

WHEN YOU REACH THE NEW RETIREMENT AGE, 98, YOU WILL INTRODUCED TO ENFORCED EUTHANASIA.

YOU AIN'T GOING TO BE GETTING A PENSION SO IT DON'T MATTER WHAT IT IS INCREASED TO.

17. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

my short memory goes back to the days of thatcher,
    when the ship was sinking, she lightened the load, threw all the working people off the ship to make it sail straight again, for the better off, and from that day the rich got richer and the poor had to swim *hard,

[Edited by: admin]

18. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

tomplum,

Good to see that some can remember, pity a few more here can't...

Yep, ...That'll be around about the time when the countries wealth was sold out too. Under the premise that citizens could buy the sell off shares at knock down prices and own a slice of Britain, but only upto around 200GBP worth each.

Knowing full well that the average Joe in the street had no interest in stocks and shares, and only saw it as a way to make a couple of bob on the first day of trading.
    Although the price went up a bit on that first day of trading, ...Mrs Thatchers friends made an absolute killing, buying up under priced shares, in the likes of B Gas, B telecom, Water, Electricity, etc, etc, etc!!!
    Which was the Real intention of the sell off in the first place...

Even after enjoying the the substantial sell off monies from these state owned companies, the Tory's left government in debt, and having the highest tax burden of any government since the war. FACT!!

But i think this new mob is going to go all out and try and beat that record, and it'll be the same again ...The Saps paying for the well off, to get even better off!!!

I have absolutly no political leanings towards any party in the UK. I'm just observing the carp that some spurt out about the Tory's, as if there going to sort everything out, and all will be well again. lol!!!
    Well if history is anything to go by, ....''Not A Chance In Hell....'' Your all going to be the pawns again, that are going to be paying out, while those that are far better off, will be there watching and gaining....

19. Well said that man.

20. Eric Tupperwear

Eric Tupperwear New Member