Perhaps off track a bit, but

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by cindy, Dec 13, 2003.

1. cindy

cindy New Member

I have a very over grown yew tree in my garden. It is blocking out so much light. I wondered if I cut it down to 3 feet or so would it die? Is this a good wood for burning on a stove?

2. supersparky

supersparky New Member

.........would you die if you cut your head off?

3. Lminique

Lminique New Member

Hi Again

I have a Yew Tree at the front of my house, which we cut very very short and it has not died but will look very bare for a long time as not fast growing trees.

4. supersparky

supersparky New Member

that is just orrible...you slaughtered a tree...slow growin? wouldent you be? its got no leaves..

5. The Shark

The Shark New Member

I'm not a tree surgeon, so I don't know if your tree will die or not, but I do do a bit of wood turning, and love to turn some yew when it's matured, so please don't burn it but look out for someone who will appreciate it.

6. cindy

cindy New Member

Oh I dont think you would want this. It is very disfigued and twisted. I think it had a hard life. Been here since before my grandfather was arround and not done much in that time

7. Lminique

Lminique New Member

When a tree has not been trained from a sapling it is good for it to have a hard cut.

Cindy if you are planning to cut the tree, it would be best to cut the tree now befor the spring as that is when the tree has most of its growth in the year.

Hope this Helps

8. hellsdeathsquad

hellsdeathsquad New Member