Permanent Live to Hive Multizone

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by James Reid, Sep 14, 2018.

1. James Reid

James Reid New Member

Hi, im having issues with my hive multizone and getting power to my upstairs receiver. I have 2 zones - upstairs and downstairs. I can only get power to my upstairs receiver when the boiler is on. I have installed a loop wire between live and common in my receiver upstairs but still no power unless downstairs heating is on. Any advice on how to get permanent live to my upstairs receiver is much appreciated. Ta.
    20180910_082901.jpg
    Where main programmer was downstairs . I have a 2 channel hive reciever here controlling hot water and downstairs hearing.

20180913_210018.jpg

This is where the old mechanical thermostat was downstairs. 20180913_205840.jpg

This is my upstairs zone where the thermostat was. This only receives power when the boiler is on.

*Apologies the pics are 90deg off*

2. Mike83

Mike83 Active Member

Is upstairs permanent live getting its supply from downstairs switched live?

3. Mike83

Mike83 Active Member

If upstairs is were the thermostat was,then depending on the model of thermostat it could be wired correctly.
    Usually the stat is only powered once the heating is turned on.

4. Mike83

Mike83 Active Member

So it looks like 4 on The backplate were the old programmer was is supplying SWITCHED live to the browns at both stat locations.

5. James Reid

James Reid New Member

Yes it would appear it gets it power from switched live. So ive traced the live upstairs to where it terminates downstairs and moved it from CH On to Live. This has now giving me permanent power. Guess it sounds obvious now..