Peter Kay

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Tricky Dicky, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

Comedian Peter Kay has announced he is cancelling all upcoming work projects, including his stand-up tour, "due to unforeseen family circumstances".

"This decision has not been taken lightly and I'm sure you'll understand my family must always come first," he wrote on Twitter.

Kay said he was "very sorry" and that he hoped the media and public would respect his family's privacy.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

If he has a past, it might finally caught up with him,hopefully it's not & it's illness/marriage grief.

He scrapping all 100 dates of his forthcoming Peter Kay Live Arena Tour up to at least March 2019.:eek:

3. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Excellent...win win situation !
    The only better news would be if a bus load (or 3) of Z list celebrities...including Rylan were to be kidnapped by ISIS and tortured to death slowly over a number of weeks and televised in hi def...one per day, peak viewing time.
    One can only hope and write to Chris Cringle
    RS

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Remember this joke...

Peter Kay has today been arrested on charges of assault against a scouring pad.

Is this the way to harm a brillo?[​IMG]

retiredsparks likes this.
  5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Ref. Kay..........I have seen funnier accidents in Tesco car parks on a wet monday afternoon..involving old ladies.
    Cant stand the unfunny blob.
    One of the "gems"...written by him was
    "Innit funny how when you dip biscuit' int' hot cuppa tea...it goes all soggy".... and the crown were rolling in the aisles.
    RS

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

There better than him for comedy.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. A numbingly unfunny guy.

So no loss.

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

To you maybe!

I enjoyed Car Share especially the poignant observation in one of the episodes that on the particular night in question there were no taxis - because it's Ramadan! Otherwise I can't say I'm going to miss the fact that he's cancelled his tour however there will be those who are, because a lot of people find him funny.

It's strange how some people view things completely differently to others, Brexit for instance......

It also shows up how living in the limelight can be a double edged sword as most of us have experienced personal or family illness, suffering or loss at one time or another and haven't had to endure telling everyone about it and fending off speculation whilst allowing the professionals to do their thing, quietly drawing on the support of family and friends.

Funny or not, I hope it gets sorted and that he and his family get left alone for the time being.

9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I've always thought him a comedy genius, Phoenix Nights, Max and Paddy, Carshare.

facilities and leesparkykent like this.
  10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Yeah, I agree he's created at least a couple of tv comedy classics.

facilities likes this.
  11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

His sense of humour is more suited to normal people, your know those who voted leave.

The remain camp are so far removed, they just don't get it.

I mean one even thought David Mitchell was funny. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

No way.

13. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I don't find him funny but, somewhat sadly, he is funnier than his wife.....

14. Yup, there are two types of folk :):p

15. facilities

facilities Guest

Very subjective, who on here will own up to liking Cannon and Ball, Little & Large, Mike & Bernie Winters, Blair & Brown.

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

None of them would recognize comedy, if it hit them in the face![​IMG]

facilities likes this.
  17. facilities

facilities Guest

Must admit, Bernie got better when Snorbitz joined him :rolleyes:

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Go back to the Variety and music hall comedians, some of the best, knew how to work a audience, & a lot of today's comedians could learn a lot about the art of comedy.

facilities likes this.
  19. facilities

facilities Guest

Yes agree Kiab, although on his day DA can work his audience on here :p:confused:

KIAB likes this.
  20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG][​IMG]