Photo & web links converted to https

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Dr Bodgit, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Click the gallery icon and paste the link. I just took your link and done it.. [​IMG]

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Here's you other link. Click here

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

That's exactly what I did, the reason it works in this case is that the image will show whether the link is h-t-t-p or h-t-t-p-s.

Lets try this as another example, I know the h-t-t-p link works, but I don't think the h-t-t-p-s link will.

[​IMG]

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

The above don't work. I can't do anything with that

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Try clicking on the links that Pollowick posted, they don't work as they're h-t-t-p-s.

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Exactly!!! I posted an h-t-t-p link but it converted it to h-t-t-p-s - this is exactly my issue

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

All you do is highlight a work. Cut webpage address. Click the paper clip icon. Insert link... As long as address is correct it works.. I'm not sure why the address is changing to https

9. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Don't paste link in this view. Use paper clip as I did above.. Click here to see link

10. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

11. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Nope that doesn't work either, converted it to h-t-t-p-s again and doesn't show the photo as I want (using the picture icon).

12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

This is what I'm doing...note the first 4 characters which get changed

Attached Files:

13. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Your doing something wrong.. You need to create a word that links.. So you say click here...or go see by clicking on this word... You highlight the word using mouse or finger.. Then the paper clip. Insert link.. If you don't highlight a word before clicking paper clip it won't work.. He is screwfix home page.. Click on this sentence

14. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

15. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Imgur is what I use to host pictures i take for use in putting in forums

16. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I get all that and its what I'm doing, but it doesn't work if the image is h-t-t-p. Show me how you use the square gallery icon to show that Manchester evening image I link to above (which is h-t-t-p only.)

I normally use flickr which is https so that works fine.

17. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

The Manchester link is wrong. I have altered it.tried everything but won't open. It don't exists

18. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Is this the link.. I Google Manchester evening news screwfix.. Click here... If this don't work then it can't be done.. Some restrictions I guess

19. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Yes.. Can't be done? Copyright maybe

20. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Yes like that, it works fine if you then change the URL from h-t-t-p-s to h-t-t-p. That is what I'm saying, the URL you linked to was changed by this site from h-t-t-p to h-t-t-p-s.