Pink grip vs Insta Foam for Skirting

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Andrew Wall, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Andrew Wall

Andrew Wall Member

Hi,

I've got my full house to refit with skirting but I've never done it before. There's around 100m to fit, on top of newly plastered walls.

I was originally planning to use pink grip to attach everything, but then I saw lots of positive comments about insta stik and some comments saying pink grip can be iffy on new plaster. I was all for using insta stik but it's about £13 a can and I'll need an applicator gun which is £20.

Does anybody have any experience of using pink grip on skirting, and does anyone have any idea how far a can of insta goes? I'm guessing that I'll need a lot more than a single can.

I really want to avoid using any nails or screws if I can.

Cheers

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Use foam, it's a no brainer. You probably won't use much more than a can depending on skirting size. Far cheaper and better than using pink grip. Gun grade foam, £9, applicator gun, £11-13 ish.

Andrew Wall likes this.
  3. Andrew Wall

Andrew Wall Member

Can you recommend where to get the stuff for those prices please?

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Screwfix :rolleyes: look online for the yellow foam gun, certainly cheaper than £20.

Andrew Wall likes this.
  5. Andrew Wall

Andrew Wall Member

Is the Soudal stuff just as good as the Insta would you say?

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Foam is much over muchness, there's not a lot of difference though if you are doing skirting it may benefit to use a low expansion grade foam to restrict any leakage if inexperienced with using a gun. There's loads of posts on here about using it, a lot of people spray mist the wall with water first to aid adhesion, but I've never bothered as I tend to use mechanical fixings as well.

Andrew Wall likes this.