Pipe size bathroom from unvented cylinder

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Adrian01, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Adrian01

Adrian01 New Member

Hi there and thank you in advance for any help. I have an unvented cylinder installed with a capped off 22mm hot and cold feed attached which is ready to connect into a bare room which is to become a bathroom. My question is .. obviously the sink, toilet and shower are connected on 15mm pipes.. can I simple reduce down from 22mm to 15mm from the cylinder and feed the bathroom at 15mm (including the bath) or does the bath have to be at 22mm for hot and cold.

I'm wondering on what the best option would be and the normal process in the regards to the 22mm hot and cold feeds from the unvented cylinder.

Many thanks for any help.

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Bath is always best fed in 22mm but as its mains fed then 15mm will not make a lot of difference in the grand scale of things.
    I would take it from the cylinder in 22mm to the bathroom then reduce as required, that way you will get a better flow.

Adrian01 likes this.
  3. JustPhil

JustPhil Active Member

I’d actually favour 15mm seeing as you should have good pressure. With 22 serving the basin you’ll be waiting an age for the hot water to come through.

Adrian01 likes this.
  4. Adrian01

Adrian01 New Member

Thank you to you both for your replies, its much appreciated.