PIR / remedials and certs Q?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by pcelectrics, Nov 18, 2007.

1. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member

Have just done a PIR on a small village hall. The place just needed a few small remedial jobs carried out, plus a couple of requested extra items. Nothing much.

Having carried out the remedials I can now issue the report form itself which will now not show any remedials required (just a couple of 4s to put on, eg green cpc ident).

Would you still issue MWCs for the jobs caried out or do you agree the PIR form effectively covers this?

2. X

X New Member

Would you still issue MWCs for the jobs caried out

Yes..

3. SPARKS 001

SPARKS 001 New Member

Well the other day i phoned an electrician to get a price on putting down some underfloor heating and a ring main of 4 sockets and a switched fused spur to power 2 wall lights in a conservatory? And he reckons anything out side your house don't need certification? THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE (COWBOYS) BEWARE

4. SPARKS 001

SPARKS 001 New Member

SORRY BACK TO THE QUESTION PIR / remedials and certs? ALL ELECTRICAL WORK NEEDS A CERT

5. propper spark

propper spark Member

Well the other day i phoned an electrician to get a
    price on putting down some underfloor heating and a
    ring main of 4 sockets and a switched fused spur to
    power 2 wall lights in a conservatory? And he reckons
    anything out side your house don't need
    certification? THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE (COWBOYS)
    BEWARE

What he really ment was he wasn’t able to certify his work and therefore that was his excuses. I went to a property with tripping problems the other day, which had been rewired about 2 yrs ago. When I found the cause of the problem she asked how long it took for my certificates to come through when I did a rewire. I said you get it straight away. She said are you sure because my electrician said it takes about 2 yrs. Of course I told her that shed never get a certificate he was talking rubbish, but just show the excuses they come out with.

6. *welsh.wizard*

*welsh.wizard* New Member

Blinking Nora.

7. cheggers

cheggers New Member

You was asked to do a pir which you should give a cert for then you do the remedial which again you give a minor works cert for and if you done a fuse board change you give a completion cert for