plasterboard, best price

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by The South, Aug 19, 2008.

1. The South

The South Member

Having just worked out I need about 120 sheets of plasterboard for my new extension (gulp!) I'm now looking for the best price

I'll try local builders merchants obviously, but anyone know of a good online supplier?

2. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

i found b and q are cheaper than the merchants by about the vat, merchants want £5.80 for a 8 x 4 plus vat and b and q its £5.88 inc, ring around, haggle with merchants as they wont be that busy at the moment, mention cash if you have it, i did and got them cheaper and delivered, b and q do a trade card so you get a discount at end of month and next day free delivery

3. supachip

supachip New Member

Magnet £ 3.94 + vat 8x4 x 1/2

4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I don't use plasterboard in my trade, but I have a mate who says that he can't get it any cheaper than at Magnet. :)

5. bmbplastering

bmbplastering New Member

travis perkins £3.85 plus vat. get qoute then get b&Q price match 10% cheaper plus 15% off for buying more than 10 and 5% back with discount card and seen as this gets to just under £600, buy your drywall as above and plaster which will take it over the magic £1k youll get another 5% back at end of month this to me gets about 25% off best price ie £.85 plus vat £4.52 minus 25% works out at £3.39 each beat that!

6. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

will have to have a look at magnet then !!

7. Cornish Crofter

Cornish Crofter Active Member

Phone around the merchants and ask if they have damaged boards.

Some of them will write them down for the slightest damage. I have been paying £1 to £2 per sheet of 1/2 because of minor damage to a whole pallet down one side.

8. The South

The South Member

120 sheets of 8x4 1/2 is £540.03 from these guys:

www.ebuildingsupplies.co.uk/

that is delivered too

9. wardoss

wardoss New Member

Where abouts are you The South. I pay round about the £3.80/board price for small quantities and negotiable on larger volumes such as that.

10. ecm

ecm New Member

That's a good price that South. Doubt you will do much better. Best I can get 8x4x12.5mm for on large amounts is £3.90 +vat.

11. chris the builder

chris the builder New Member

depends where your from and how much your after.
    for a small amount go to the builders merchants and get them to battle it out. lowest they will go is about £3.60-£4.00. if its a large amount do the same but this time the merchants can contact there suppliers and get a better buying in price there for getting you an even better price.

12. chris the builder

chris the builder New Member

[Edited by: admin]

13. supachip

supachip New Member

recently ive been getting reps to call on site. I ask for there best price. If its ok they get it delivered and just turn up for a cheque. Ive used this 3 times now and found it saves me time and money.

14. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

they do a price comparison on tools and dont know about building materials but it might be worth a look.
    <u>_________________________________</u>

spam

15. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

3.59 selco

16. valebuilding

valebuilding New Member

Glad I live in Wales then, Jewsons £2.85 + vat per board.