Plasterboard on timber Floor

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by gint, Jun 7, 2009.

1. gint

gint Member

Anyone ever laid plasterboard on floor as prep for granite floor tiles ?

2. Steve Yorks

Steve Yorks New Member

I don't think anyone who's sane would have done that.

3. imran_

imran_ New Member

I normally use jelly. Lime flavour.

4. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

granite floor tiles ?

Get back on the pills!

5. gint

gint Member

Whats wrong with granite floor tiles "crunchy" they are quite common you know, why get on the pills ?

6. GKU

GKU New Member

gint - can't ignore this post any longer . You're missing the point of all the p*ss taking bud , it's not the tiles they're on about its the plasterboard part of your question - "laying plasterboard on floor as prep for granite floor tiles" - think hard & long about it mate , I'm sure the answer will come to ya soon enough ;)

7. debit cruncher

Git, look there is nothing wrong with granite tiles, why would there?? Seems you have no idea what you are doing, get somebody in who does before you waste a lot of money.

8. GKU

GKU New Member

Imran - Don't you know anything about tiling ??? everybody knows raspberry flavour is the best , it spreads <u>far</u> better than lime and plum has got too many lumps in it :^O

9. Steve Yorks

Steve Yorks New Member

GKU I can just imagine you sat at your computer reading the original post and thinking 'what the f*' and then been too dumbfounded to be able to type in any kind of coherent answer. And then coming back later to see that
    the OP's grasp on reality was even worse than you thought, something you just couldn&#146;t sit back and ignore any longer :)

gint - ok, granted, your plasterboard substrate will give you a lovely and perfectly smooth surface to tile to. The end result of your labours will be as smooth as a billiard table and a sight to behold. However, you may wish to consider other factors in your tiling project, such as rigidity, longevity, strength and moisture resistance. When taking all these into account, you may wish to reassess your choice of substrate.

10. GKU

GKU New Member

<u>Steve Yorks</u> , If I did'nt know better , I would have said "how well you knew me" :^O
    Judging by "gints" lack of respose I think he's realised what he has said and how it sounds . I'm all for helping out other tradesmen and DIY'ers etc no problem , but just sometimes every now and then you get a corker like this post is .
    I apologise to "gint" for the P*ss taking , never meant no offence bud but you really must think about what your saying on here cause you could well get a load of carp thrown back at ya mate :)

11. gint

gint Member

OK calm down boys, I probably have more experience than all of you put together !
    It wasn't me putting the plasterboard on the floor, it was my customer who got there own tiler in cos my price was too high for them. I fitted the kitchen then laughed when customer asked me to return to cut the plinth down, and I was just wandering which one of you muppets had done this floor tile job

12. gint

gint Member

Just look at original post !

13. debit cruncher

OK calm down boys, I probably have more experience than all of you put together !

Arrogance & Stupidity....deadly combination!

14. gint

gint Member

Yes I see you have both DC
    So it was you then, the plasterboard king hoho

15. GKU

GKU New Member

"OK calm down boys, I probably have more experience than all of you put together ! It wasn't me putting the plasterboard on the floor, , it was my customer who got there own tiler in cos my price was too high for them. I fitted the kitchen then laughed when customer asked me to return to cut the plinth down, <u>and I was just</u> <u>wandering which one of you muppets had done this floor</u> <u>tile job</u> "

:^O :^O :^O - Your wriggling mate , you need to come down of yer "high horse" for a while . It's more likely to have been done by a kitchen fitter , a chippy , or a DIY'er rather than a proper Tiler , don't ya think ???? , Why do you think there has been a load of p**s taking about this post ? its because its such a ridiculous thing to do that people on here cant beleive that its true , was he a Tiler or someone who THINKS they know something about tiling (theres a whole world of difference) :^O :^O

16. palatine

palatine New Member

GKU

Apology required to kitchen fitters, chippies and DIYers.

gint fitted the kitchen and customer brought in TILER to do the work. Sounds clear enough to me.

17. GKU

GKU New Member

Nah mate , the gent comes onto the Tilers forum avin a poke at everyone so he's gonna get people avin a go back at im aint he , no chance bud :)

18. palatine

palatine New Member

So as I understand this, if poor tiling is done by a kitchen fitter, chippy or DIYer it's derision time.

When poor work is done by a tiler, we just forget it.

Doesn't seem right somehow.

19. GKU

GKU New Member

Do you honestly think a PROPER Tiler would do something like that eh ??? like I said earlier , if its true what gint said and he's not trying to wriggle out of asking a stupid question (which I think he is) and his customer did get a tiler in to do that job , then the person who claimed he was a tiler was just someone who THINKS he can do tiling , NOT a proper tiler , don't start twisting things mate , get back to reality - I'll ask you once again - Do you honestly think a PROPER tiler would do something like that ?? - no , of course he would'nt , it's the equivalent of a kitchen fitter cutting a piece of kitchen worktop wiv a bread knife !!! :^O :^O

20. palatine

palatine New Member

GKU

Like you I would hope that any professional tiler would not use plasterboard in this way.

The advantage and disadvantage of this forum system is that we have to take the information given at face value. So the details given have the same voracity as the professionalism of the people giving advice, no-one KNOWS we have to accept what is given.

In this case gint has stated his customer did not accept his price and brought in another tiler, this gave rise to the bizarre circumstances described. Who knows what normally sane tilers would do under price pressure?

I do not question you knowledge, experience and skills or indeed your right to express your doubts. My only concern is the speed at which you jumped to condemn other trades in the face of the details given.

Wish you well and have a good day.