Plasterers filling spark's back boxes

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by DIY womble, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

2. MalcyB

MalcyB Member

I've used them a lot. Screwfix used to sell them then stopped.
    I can't understand why they would take something as good as this off sale and sell LAP & Dial products!
    I go straight to the manufacturer now.

3. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

Thanks for your reply malc , do you have any problems with using them , or comments from the plasterer's following you

4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. fillyboy

fillyboy Well-Known Member

But I like winding up sparkys.

DIY womble likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

:):):):):cool:

7. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

I usually only work for two builders and they have no problem with cleaning the boxes if I'm not back the next day , it's considered best practice as its less likely to slip and mark the wet plaster , was surprised at many spark's moaning about lazy and inconsiderate spreads not respecting other trades and can't understand if their was a problem they didn't use them or do they expect us to tuck their cables in neatly for them

8. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

Had a sparky on a job a few years back who had the habit of leaving anything up to 2 ft of cable hanging out of his boxes , I mentioned it nicely and he promptly cu them short and put the offcuts in a rather large bag , this continued as I worked through the building so I cut one room cables short , coiled and covered with card , then skimmed the room , the owner showed up by surprise and wanted to know where his sockets were

fillyboy likes this.
  9. MalcyB

MalcyB Member

No never had a problem. I just make sure that I draw where they are on a sheet of paper. Plasterer can just skim straight over for a nice flat wall, then I knock them out. It gives a perfect finish all round

Jord86 likes this.
  10. MalcyB

MalcyB Member

Just had a look at the yoozybox. Don't these stick out of the wall so the plasterer has to work round them?
    That's where I think the blank its have the edge.

11. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

Yes couldn't understand that , not many replies so am going to re post on electrician forum