Plastering Prices

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by pplastering, Mar 7, 2006.

1. niton

niton New Member

. mr niton just to
    clarify you don't charge $8.00 per square m on
    private work is that correct?

jc, thats correct the 8 quid plus was for site work as the origional question was for prices for site prices. i dont charge pm on private work and i never said i did. i was just answering the question about labourers wages and robbo jumps in like a big lassy. with regards to the stairs yes i could have been more precise and said they were concrete, but i think its pretty immature to start ranting and raving over something like this.

2. niton

niton New Member

jc, thats correct the 8 quid plus was for site work
    as the origional question <u>was for prices for site</u>
    <u>> prices.</u>

Maybe i should get some english lessons to go with the maths.
    B4 i get picked up again - the ply is so that the same margin is all the way up the stringer.

3. baznottm

baznottm New Member

cheers robbo ill do that:)

4. layiton

layiton New Member

niton, can you really get upward of £8/m2 on sites? This just seems a bit steep, i dont mean that were not worth it cos we are but whos gonna pay that sort of money(£400 for an easy 50m2 in a day,and if you really wanted to lash on!!) where ya based and would you be able to pass any work on to me and my squad for them sort of prices.

5. trustedman

trustedman New Member

niton, can you really get upward of £8/m2 on sites?
    This just seems a bit steep, i dont mean that were
    not worth it cos we are but whos gonna pay that sort
    of money(£400 for an easy 50m2 in a day,and if you
    really wanted to lash on!!) where ya based and would
    you be able to pass any work on to me and my squad
    for them sort of prices.

no coz he is a labourer and dreams of earning £100 a day LOL :)

6. layiton

layiton New Member

Robbo, ill take some advice off ya regarding pricing for new builds(got three to price) Do you charge for putting on skim beads if so how much? if theres large ceilings which need platforming out would you charge for putting up down etc also they are three storey(loft space as bedrooms) would you charge extra on your rate because its more time consuming or would you just up the rate to accommodate everything.In my experience sometimes if ya try to be honest and break everything down people start to try and chip ya. thanks for any help.

7. When does the next big red space ship leave for planet niton? Cus I want a place on board.
    The next site you work on niton I will meet you there because for £8 a square metre I would gladly tell you your a plike to your face, even if you are nine foot tall, if there are places I can earn five grand a week I want to be there. Thats a first for me where subbying can make you double the amount that private work does, and lets not forget that you state £8 is your minimum price. Whats your maximum £108!
    Go down to your local Netto and ask for a great big jumbo size bottle of "kop on".....you need it.
    Don't p**s down my back and tell me its raining.

8. Layiton I will leave you a p.m. with regards to the aforementioned over at T.T. care of Legs-akimbo.

9. niton

niton New Member

you must all be s h a g g i n g each other. No actually robbo i think these are also ur other user names and you leave messages to back yourself up.
    So what is it on here someone leaves a post and you start an arguement. Thats the prices i get, i dont see what the problem is. Robbo your welcome in glasgow anytime, infact im on a site in pollok so drop me ur details i will def get in touch with u.

10. niton

niton New Member

So r you all trying to say that 8 quid sm is steep for a sub contractor to charge?
    mr fix it, saying <u>LOL</u> is something mr daughter puts in her emails to her school friends, so if uve nothing constructive to say then f3k off.

11. layiton

layiton New Member

Niton,so could you get me work for £8/m2? fair question, would be glad of the income if ya could.

12. So come on then niton .... Where are theese sites/contractors who are paying upwards of £8 per sq mtr for skimming. You were sharp enough to blag how much you get but not it seems willing or able to verify this......Wishfull thinking, and fantasies. Like I said you talk out of your hole!

13. Maximum ive seen paid for two coat skim is £4.80 sqm powder supplied. £8 IS MORE like d&d slabs supplied......

14. Well Laddo here, info'@, says he gets £8 <u>AND UPWARDS</u> for skimming.....but he has gone unusually quiet for some peculiar reason. You would think he would have the common courtesy to reply to layiton with some of theese contacts after being politely asked to do so.....I wait with baited breath.

15. plastdecor

plastdecor New Member

i always do my best, work with 500w lamp against the wall, i've got nothing to hide on the wall, all beads are spot on leveled, i'm fast, after 10 hours work giving the best quality i'm - belive me or not -very tired...
    for all that giving 150% <according to spoons catalogs> of average one site offered me130quid a day + tax <10 hours and one 20 min break>... according to spoons i should be earning about 40%more a day...
    what can i do???