Plastic Gutters.

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by happy chapper, May 28, 2018.

1. happy chapper

happy chapper Member

I have got Marley brown gutters that have discoloured (some went white that are 6 years old), contacted supplier and told only 1 year garantee. Is the new stuff any better,and any better than others. Thanks.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I changed mine for Hunter White gutters and downpipes 28 years ago for that reason and they still look amazingly good today, my neighbour changed to black gutters and they went grey within 3 years. You can paint them with Non Drip Gloss straight from the container after a wash of course, do not sand down as scratches show up badly, but not really worth the effort to paint them compared to cost of replacing gutters.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had Marley white square line gutter at a previous place, some of it developed a whiteish pink tint due to a manufacturing fault, had it replaced FOC.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Aquaflow guttering has a ten year guarantee on colour fastness, if your considering changing the system

They have brown and caramel, amongst usual black, grey, white

If your thinking of painting what you have, look at Bedec Multi Surface Paint

If you contact Bedec, they supply free paint samples if uv never tried the brand

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

10 years is not a great deal better than 6 years......go white!

KIAB likes this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Bedec Multi surface comes with a risk of drying way to fast on what potentially could be hot plastic even on a warm day........if you would prefer to paint it go with the non drip gloss,(oil base) nice and smooth flow out! ;)