Plastic Ply from Nicobond

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Rowdey, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

Had the sales manager from Nicobond come and see me this week, and showed me 'Plastic Ply' floor covering.

Not something i've seen before if i'm honest, but aimed at Ditra users like us, and appears to be a really quick (to lay) alternative - clean to as no tile adhesive to mix.

Anyone else used it, or got any thoughts ?

R

2. tic tic

tic tic New Member

Rowdey
    was speaking to the guys from N&C a while back about this..plastic ply.

and trying to pin them done to ansewrs was like getting blood from a stone mate..all they kept on saying was..

reduces..stress/shrinkage..etc
    prevents..etc..etc..

i always give 12months guarantee with my jobs.
    so i will wait till one off the other fixers i know uses it,then again wait the 12months.

only good for timber..most times anyway i am either rippin up and relaying or overboarding,so i dont see were i could/would use it.

for stone/ufh i always use ditra(tried and tested)..

3. tic tic

tic tic New Member

also...self adhesive...thats what throws me slighty..??

how would this work with a floor..flex etc..?

4. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

Hi TT,

Yep can only be used on timber, so no good on a screed for instance.
    I can't remember when i haven't ripped the floor up and relaid in WBP, and we always do ditra on top too (in South London, loads of movement down here..!)

In a standard bathroom i can see it replacing ditra, but UFH or say a walk in shower (with associated water on floors) then not quite so confident..!

They reckon they make addy for some brands, poss inc Mapei..

We use keraflex maxi and keraquick a lot, so if their version at £12 is the same as Mapei (at £17) then good stuff.