Plasticiser in mortar - Fairy Liquid OK?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by diymostthings, Nov 30, 2007.

1. christallmighty

christallmighty New Member

hi there, god here, i created the universe and therefore clay, the stuff bricks are made from and sand and, well everything.
    Ive built a few things in my time from all sorts of materials and one things for sure it pays to use the right materials. i only once used washing up liquid and that was the only time the job went pear shaped,(to use a mortals expression) so i don't know if it was that or if i screwed up in another way, i bet all you mortals are glad i used the right materials when i made the earth

2. brickdust

brickdust New Member

I would never use FAIRY! the wall goes all limp/soft and bent! lidle liquid is far better.

3. qwas123

qwas123 Screwfix Select

I've been, same as others above, involved with brickwork for some years. It was part of the total job.
    The labourer on the mixer would decide what went into the mix, & unless a container of Feb was placed next to them they would mostly use FL squirts.
    At no time then or since have I had or seen any come-backs from using FL.

4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

This thread is so old some of the brickwork will have weathered away naturally by now....

Jord86 and FlyByNight like this.
  5. DBCDIY

DBCDIY Screwfix Select

Yep, it's so old that - due to inflation - I'm now using plasticiser for washing up!!