Please advise. Artificial grass

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Bex111, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Vat on £660 is £132 not £200 so there's £68.00 he owes you as for the edging in a way he is right, but that doesn't excuse the fact he hasn't done the job correctly in the first place, lots of Astro Turf is laid without edging but is still fixed correctly at the edge with either nails or staples through into the sub-base under the sand giving it a firm grip.
    He clearly doesn't know what he is doing and I would part company with him without making the full payment he originally asked for, unfortunately this probably will result in you having to pay more than expected to get the job done correctly.

Bex111 likes this.
  2. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Could I share the quotes with you and you advise what I do next please.

3. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Attached Files:

4. Bex111

Bex111 Member

This one is next to my step, the sand after the base. The design of the step is not to be covered and I raised issue here that it was far too high especially with grass to go on top, If you look at the first pic, the leading step into the garden is at its own level and the red sand came way up high there too, I complained at the time saying I do not know how he is going to do all this to flush with my top step. He said he will sort it, I was sceptical as I could see the whole lot needed flattening down to be just under flush of my step. I actually ended up prior to the grass being fitted getting a half slab and putting it on top of the step and pushing forward to meet the sand which made it the same height, again I did this to avoid confrontation and just said that I wanted it all flat. Yet still even after my compromises, it was not flat.

Attached Files:

5. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Looking at the main pic, this is a very straight forward job that been made hard by somebody who doesn't have a clue.

Second pic, I'm not sure what you mean ?

6. Bex111

Bex111 Member

I will get more pictures uploaded it will help.

7. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Hi. I have been trying to upload photos it says the file is too big. I will keep trying. I don't know what to do with this situation. What would you do? You mentioned part company. Am I able to do that? How much would I pay? Can I ask him to take his materials? I am so lost here and have lots of different advice. Thanks for any replies.

8. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Upload the pictures to here
    https://ctrlq.org/images/

And then copy the code it gives you into this thread. That's how you upload bigger pics.

Bex111 likes this.
  9. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Thanks I have been at this for ages

10. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Welcome

Bex111 likes this.
  11. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Unfortunately I'm having no joy with this either. I'm on my phone. Any other ideas of how to do this? I'm not tech savvy as you may have guessed.

12. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Ok try this.

Go to

https://imgbb.com/

Upload the image from your phone.

Then click on the drop down menu to "bbcode full linked"

And then press copy on the code it gives you.

Paste that onto here and it should work.

[​IMG]
    side roller

Bex111 likes this.
  13. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Fantastic thank you. Hopefully this will work. A picture of what I had to put on top of my step as they had build the base up far too high before grass. https://ibb.co/x1pNmKc

14. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

Looks like they have come level with the top of the side/edge stones rather than the actual top step, problem is , did you specify one or the other ?

Oh, now you can do photos, can you put some up of the other issues ?

15. Bex111

Bex111 Member

16. Bex111

Bex111 Member

I don't know if it has uploaded it is just a line of text.

17. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Where's the sand.???

You can't lay the grass straight onto the stones like it looks has been done in the pic, the grass will be damaged in no time.

18. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

This whole job is clearly beyond the capability of the guy doing it, so its time to say goodbye and employ someone who knows what they are doing.

ramseyman and Bex111 like this.
  19. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

yes it's uploaded, i can see that they have indeed come level with the edges rather than the actual step - very shoddy, but, did you discuss how they should finish at the step ?
    Even if you didn't discuss or they didn't specify how the grass was going to meet the step, it's not really acceptable.
    Unless they agree to rework it, I think how you have put another slab on the top step to hide the grass edge is all you can do

Bex111 likes this.
  20. Bex111

Bex111 Member

Yes like this! Gutted. looks awful. That brings it to the grass level.

Attached Files: