Please help - grundfos pump keeps running in airing cupboard

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Yorkshiregirl, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Yorkshire lass

Yorkshire lass New Member

Hi there, Yorkshiregirl. Did you ma age to resolve your continuous pump issue as everything you said you’ve experienced I am now having the same issue but it happened only after I got an engineer to replace my old ‘working’ boiler for a new ‘energyefficient’ Bosch boiler. Help! I’ve had 2 sleepless months of pump never going off and engineers in 4 times changing wires around and stay scratching their heads. I even got Bosch’s engineer and they said the new boiler is fine but a possible wiring issue by my engineer

2. Yorkshiregirl

Yorkshiregirl New Member

Hi

Yes, after many stressful weeks late last year my new boiler runs like a dream now. I wouldn’t wish this problem on anyone.

The root cause was that my boiler wasn’t wired correctly using a Vaillant suppressor. Once it was fitted all ran perfectly. Since then I’ve had the suppressor removed and called out a local heating firm who installed a new wire from the boiler, so now I have the ‘pump over run ‘ feature too, so once my boiler has finished heating water/central heating the pump runs for 5 minutes to disperse the heat from the boiler and then switches off. This is how the new boiler should have been wired in the first place. It cost me £100, as luckily my house is just over 10 years old, so the necessary wires were already available in the wiring junction box upstairs in the airing cupboard and the programmer in the kitchen, otherwise it would have meant costing more for the wire to be Irum from the airing cupboard, under the floorboards and then into the boiler on the kitchen

I’m sure some the really helpful experts will come along shortly and help diagnose the problem for you.

I’ve got my fingers and toes and crossed for you that you manage to get it sorted ASAP.

3. Yorkshire lass

Yorkshire lass New Member

Thank you, I’m pleased to hear you finally got yours resolved. I had my suspicions it was a wiring issue but the engineer doesn’t seem to know what to do to fix. It has already costed me a lot of money for them to install the new boiler so really this fault should never have happened. I’m so stressed and lacking of 2 months sleep as I need to go downstairs ever 2-3 hours in the middle of night to switch the boiler off from the controller before the pump stops after 3min. I fully understand your previous pain. Thanks again. I now have hope it can be amended.