Please help me choosing a drill

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Choosing a cordless drill, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Would you choose a Makita 18V Combi drill Lith-ion or a Makita 18V 4 in 1 Combi drill??????????

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The first.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

A well balanced debate, excellent.

4. revive

revive New Member

I have a makita 18v combi drill. Use it all day every day. Its never let me down and good value for money.

5. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

The 4in 1 combi. Seems a gret idea combining an impoact driver and drill. Only thing is the 4in 1 does not have the masonry capacity of the standard model. i only ever use my cordless for holes up to 8mm so it would not be a problem.

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

The 4 in 1 is the one, best drill available. The 6mm hex is going to be the new SDS, for small drills and bits. As said, any drilling in masonry above 8mm, you would use SDS anyway!

The Yanks don't use chucked drills for small bits anymore, and they're always years ahead of us!!

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've changed my mind and prefer the 4 in 1 now, but what are your results with cordless hammer drills? I've found them to be utter pants. You can just about drill a hole in soft mortar but I've only used a standard masonry bit. I know there are masonry bits on the market for cordless drills, are they any better?

8. hhhyghg

hhhyghg New Member

9. ilikethislady

ilikethislady New Member

Makita's are no good, Dewalt are better, Bosch are even better but the best is the Milwaukee if you can afford it.

Best for the money Green Bosch.

AW