Please share with me a big LOL @ Brexit losers!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sally green, Apr 14, 2019.

1. sally green

sally green Member

Please hold your conclusions close to you as I have met many people like you IRL :( - they find it really difficult to accept that a young lad can have strong opinions about things and able to hold their own against males. Like I said, you believe what you want to believe as your mind has been made up.

2. sally green

sally green Member

A serious lol. You got the message and that is what counts. The UK is set to remain in the EU and you can't do anything about it and that is a fact.

3. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Glad we are remaining in the U.K. :rolleyes:

gadget man likes this.
  4. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

We never actually joined the EU,
    at least not by voting for it.
    It initially was supposed to be a vote for a Common Market, for free trade with some goods.
    Before your time I guess.

Next vote was for leaving the EU.

Baxi Boy likes this.
  5. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

That’s ok then. All is well then with the Remain suppporters.
    No point in you speaking about it, if you are so confident.
    The EU don’t seem to be

6. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Is it just me that found that to read very funny? :p

btiw2, ESPlumb and dinkydo like this.
  7. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

Sally, you missed the 'Y' off 'lad. You may be female and hold strong views, that's OK and not an issue, but I do not agree with the simple idea of just rubbishing those who do not agree with your point of view. That does not constitute a discussion or even and argument, it is just a contradiction and does not lead to constructive dialogue. However, I do agree with you that we have seen prosperity while in the EU, but we have also seen the cost. We are being absorbed by Federal Europe that is controlled by an organisation that does not follow democratic process (I refer to the veto). I am sad to be leaving the EU but it has changed from the organisation we joined, because of the veto voting system it is impossible to revert the change as it only requires on vote to stop the process.

Heat likes this.
  8. dinkydo

dinkydo Active Member

Thank god you’ve arrived in the nick of time, so it appears sally has a new found friend the first one in all the thread, pretty soon you’ll be going steady, and what a great suggestion, now go and sit in the corner and when the kettle has boiled have a nice cuppa and be quiet there’s a good boy :)

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

What a tortured attempt at comedy

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

Simply pointing out that you moaning about trolls is all a bit Morrisette.

11. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

I assumed you were English, but only because Gibberish isn’t a nationality.

Did your family vote to remain with you too?

But it appears that you’re giving it a go.

Heat likes this.
  12. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

This looks like an agent provocateur to me.

13. koolpc

koolpc Well-Known Member

Stupid post

14. xray19

xray19 New Member

is sally the same lady that started a post with foul language regarding radiator advice and then could not handle some banter from one of the members

15. Broon

Broon Active Member

Sally you have done well its not often you see the remain and leave voters getting on in this forum but you have pulled it off.

I applaud your work. I tried it once and all it did was move the argument from one thread to another.

If I could make two small requests stop using LOL and for all that is holy in the world make sure your sentences make sense.

Heat and WillyEckerslike like this.
  16. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

A tad optimistic I fear....

17. CJASENG

CJASENG Member

She doesn’t seem to give a reason as to why staying in the EU is so important to her, simply looking at it as an us vs them election, where her team lost but might win on a technicality. I voted remain, because as a Mechanical design engineer I’m heavily involved with designing to safety legislation and CE marking. Knowing the dangerous power tools I use at home, the toys my kids play with, the car I drive, the equipment used in the medical industry and multiple other industries I use in my day to day life all have to adhere to stringent safety codes to become CE marked is important to me. Once we leave the EU there is a potential loophole for dangerous items to be sold on the UK market, for some items manufactured in the UK it will be more challenging to put them on the EU market, not just because of trade issues but the fact if a Notifiable Body needs to be involved in the CE marking process they need to be sited on an EU member state.

Whether they realise it or not, The tradesman on here have a lot to thank for certain safety rules which came down from the CEN/EU which help to keep themselves, their families and their customers safe in their homes and the workplace.

I certainly don’t think everyone that voted leave is an idiot and perhaps some may have voted differently if lies hadn't been thrown around and more facts had been provided by the poor excuse of the remain campaign. Obviously some people voted leave who were well informed and to them leaving has better prospects for the country. As proven by the OP, there are some idiots that voted remain as well. I have yet to hear of a strong argument for voting leave though.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  18. dinkydo

dinkydo Active Member

This Thread I feel has developed into an interesting one, although my original post 13 recommended against answering sally or even discussing sally as I consider her a troll (Cambridge Dictionary an Internet troll is someone who leaves an intentional annoying message in order to get attention or cause trouble)

However an interesting observation is that as has been said by Broon it appears to have united both leave and remain with perhaps the exception of one, GB, who has used the occasion to attack myself, that’s fine I even liked his post, as it gave the opportunity to perhaps understand this particular remainers mindset, it has to be said he normally works alongside a fellow remainer Chippie who in this instance to his credit has not used the thread to attack brexiteers of whom I am one, and he did accuse sally of being an “agent provocateur” it goes without saying he did have to like his mates comments about myself but in their small circle jerking community of two that is understandable (circle jerking is Chips words by the way)

In post 18 sally goes onto thank GB for his help and understanding of the situation which he grateful accepts.

Just saying.

Heat likes this.
  19. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

Sally's approach was so different from the regular crossfire that it has caught us off guard and we have closed ranks - almost like the family that don't get on until an outsider calls one of us out.

Aahh! Group hug.

Broon, gadget man, longboat and 3 others like this.
  20. dinkydo

dinkydo Active Member

Willy I do like your analogy there, this thread has definitely gone off at a tangent, I know you disagree but regardless of Sally’s previous posts I still consider her a Troll, but it must be said an amusing one and I would not consider reporting her/him :)