Plumber needed

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by diyhopeful, Dec 29, 2008.

1. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Work colleague of mine has so far paid £431 this week to try and get her central heating working. (new pump plus emergency call out charge......hmmmm.)

Heating still not working.

Any recommendations for a PLUMBER in the Winchmore hill area of London would be gratefully received.

She is almost at the point of calling the gas board to sort it out.

2. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Correction.....

He didn't even fit a pump. That was just the call out charge........

:(

3. I expect that we are listed in the local Yellow pages.

Our diagnostic charge is only £84 so we would never have to charge anything like that to repair a boiler.

Of course if they choose to phone a call out company then they should expect a rapid response and very high charges with little prospect of fixing the boiler.

We are well listed in phone books and searchable on the internet but if people dont call us then we cannot help!

Tony Glazier

4. Sorry, I should have said that I am a boiler engineer, not a plumber!

Tony

5. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Maybe that's what she needs.

Plumber doesn't seem to fit the term it once was...

Think she's on the phone now !

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Just to clear things up; a Plumber will repair & maintain Plumbing & Central Heating systems including boilers, along with many other things, guys like Tony that served his time as a make-up artist at the BBC, may give you the wrong impression.

Boiler Engineer Tellies T?? You're having a laff son, you were well of the mark with that Vokera on DIYdoughnuts laddie!!

D. Puller ARGI member.