plumbing courses/training

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by popop, Jul 19, 2007.

1. popop

popop New Member

any1 posibly give me some info etc on how to train be plumber or any links etc in the plumbing courses u can do these days, as im now to old to do aprenticeships etc and have seen advertised these courses available
    so any help would be grt

2. --------- plumbing

--------- plumbing New Member

any1 posibly give me some info

ya don't bother

plumbing courses

waste of money, don't learn anything
    be better off teaching yourself and spending the money on tools etc

3. popop

popop New Member

how i train myself?

cant afford to train and not work

4. The General

The General New Member

Popop,

Check out our website at the address below. There are a number of professional plumbers who use the forums that will be able to tell you the best courses to take and there are links to the plumbing training courses that are available.

Good luck,
    Cheers
    Jake Gibbs

[Edited by: admin5]

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Look son, Plumbers' do apprentiships, if you are too old for an adult apprentiship, then sorry you've missed the boat. DO NOT do any courses like the one the 'Sheriff' no sorry the 'General' details above, they and all the others are useless and you'll spend lots of money with no jobs at the end of them.

Plumbing employers will not employ you with just a course like that under your belt, you are deemed a joke in the trade and called a CC(Course Cowboy) or a CCC(Career Change Chancer). Also the £80K/year Plumber is a myth, there's now 1000's of CC's, CCC's and **** Plumbers' out there causing havoc and getting paid very little. So save your money.

Only time served Plumbers' walk into jobs!!

By the way, you can't even write English correctly!!!

[Edited by: admin23]

6. --------- plumbing

The General

by the answers i've seen on your site they must be cc's

7. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

[Edited by: forum admin]

8. The General

The General New Member

------- Plumbing,

Thanks for checking the site out. I'm personally not a plumber and to keep the likes of Dick Puller happy will refrain from posting on this forum in the future, as i understand why individuals get protective over their forums.

Our site is set up to service DIYers primarily and they have a number of plumbing related questions and we aim to give them the best advice possible, but we can't stop cc's or ccc's or ccccccc's (or what ever they're called) posting on our forums. However if professional plumbers like yourself would be willing to visit the site and answer some of their questions and ensure they get the best possible advice, it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Jake

9. John@KC

John@KC New Member

By the way, you can't even write English correctly!!!

apprentiships

And you can of course.

10. Lonnie Donegan

Lonnie Donegan New Member

Perhaps these apprentiships are the chaps that pass in the night.

11. harlowplumber

harlowplumber New Member

im fed up with this **. two years ago i did an 8 week full time plumbing course which followed the nvq 2 syllibus. i had worked for a number of years as a drainage engineer and then two years as a pipefitter so i sippose i had a headstart. im 28 now and i am doing very well ive worked for about three firms and could get an exellent reference from all of them. i have always worked alone and unsupervised, ive never caused any damage, i have my unvented cert, im oftec 101,105e,600a registered, i have done loads of private work and left every customer happy, ive always had the respect of fellow plumbers ive worked with. so mr puller and the rest of the sceptics, although i respect the fact that an apprenteship is the best route to becoming a competent and succesfull plumber, i dont think that all courses are waste of time and money so long as the student is willing to learn, improve, put customers intrests and those of the trade before profits.

12. aphs

aphs New Member

I know of a CCC that has spent his whole working life in the north sea fishing. One plumbing course later and he now has a website claiming to have 22 years experiance in the gas industry when in reality he doesn't even have 22 months. I kid you not.

13. tightenit

tightenit New Member

I'd rather go fishing than plumbing any day :eek:(

14. MTcock

MTcock New Member

I know of a CCC that has spent his whole working life
    in the north sea fishing. One plumbing course later
    and he now has a website claiming to have 22 years
    experience in the gas industry when in reality he
    doesn't even have 22 months. I kid you not.

Maybe he counts gas experience as sailing past North Sea rigs everyday?

15. harlowplumber

harlowplumber New Member

what you trying to say aphs?

16. --------- plumbing

that your all full of **

17. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

hmmm lets see,,north sea thats in scotland is'nt it, hmm do we know anyone up there ? NO it could'nt be , surely not,,i don't believe these insinuations,,, liable slander, BEWARE he'll be upon you like a ton of haggis.

18. harlowplumber

harlowplumber New Member

arent you the guy from southend that subs for reactfast? you gave me good advise in the past. still as long as i know what i am and what i do i dont spose it matters.

19. --------- plumbing

what good advice was that ? harlowplumber