plumbing courses/training

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by popop, Jul 19, 2007.

1. harlowplumber

harlowplumber New Member

i had a problem with an immersion and i asked if anyone had dealt with reactfast back in january.

2. harlowplumber

harlowplumber New Member

i had a problem with an immersion and i asked if anyone had dealt with reactfast back in january.

3. --------- plumbing

--------- plumbing New Member

yes you not there now

4. --------- plumbing

--------- plumbing New Member

go and look at your *

what you do alday.

[Edited by: admin5]

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

English is my second language, but I'm better at it than most of you *****

[Edited by: admin23]

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

im fed up with this **. two years ago i did an 8
    week full time plumbing course which followed the nvq
    2 syllibus. i had worked for a number of years as a
    drainage engineer and then two years as a pipefitter
    so i sippose i had a headstart. im 28 now and i am
    doing very well ive worked for about three firms and
    could get an exellent reference from all of them. i
    have always worked alone and unsupervised, ive never
    caused any damage, i have my unvented cert, im oftec
    101,105e,600a registered, i have done loads of
    private work and left every customer happy, ive
    always had the respect of fellow plumbers ive worked
    with. so mr puller and the rest of the sceptics,
    although i respect the fact that an apprenteship is
    the best route to becoming a competent and succesfull
    plumber, i dont think that all courses are waste of
    time and money so long as the student is willing to
    learn, improve, put customers intrests and those of
    the trade before profits.

But, you're classed as a cowboy, cause you never done an apprentiship. You're just a Plumbers' Labourer.

7. graceland

graceland Active Member

he unscrews the top off a new whisky bottle...
    shuffles about in his candle lit hovel...
    puller, what the ** are you on about? have you cut your 3 inch long black fingernails yet? and washed your matted hair? this aint your forum you deranged fool. youre lucky they allow an old dreamer like you on here.
    im quickly learning that the trade you pretend to be in aint that hard to learn.
    if you want to be a plumber in real life, why dont you do an 8 week course?

8. smokeynets

smokeynets New Member

he unscrews the top off a new whisky bottle...
    shuffles about in his candle lit hovel...
    puller, what the ** are you on about? have you cut
    your 3 inch long black fingernails yet? and washed
    your matted hair? this aint your forum you deranged
    fool. youre lucky they allow an old dreamer like you
    on here.
    im quickly learning that the trade you pretend to be
    in aint that hard to learn.
    if you want to be a plumber in real life, why dont
    you do an 8 week course?

Say's the man that in 2005 wanted to be an electrician, then in 2006 decided to be a plumber, and in 2007 thought being a gas engineer was the way forward...
    I couldn't help clicking the profile button.

Sorry graceland, but I've been lurking here for a while and have read your posts. None of them are helpful, most of them are childish retaliatory replies, stick to lorry driving mate..(if you haven't allready)

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

I work for a large company who have in the past taken on "fastrack 6 month course wannabe's" (they liked the idea of free labour).
    However, the truth is if someone is picking your brains whilst you are carrying out your plumbing tasks - it does slow you down quite a lot.
    We haven't had anyone from a fastrack course for a couple of years now.
    However, some of the wannabe's have been very willing to learn and these I have tried my best to help and enjoyed their company.
    Whilst others have come with a "I know it all already" attitude and these are the sort that I haven't bothered with at all.
    And I was very glad when they left!
    We once had an indirect cylinder to renew and all the connections fitted except the 28mm top flow/expansion pipe which I explained that we now had to shorten (he seemed to think that every cylinder should be a straight swop).
    The "know it all" turned to me shaking his head and with a big sigh said "If only we had a 28mm push fit coupler"!!

10. harlowplumber

harlowplumber New Member

how dare you ***** old mug. i have never known of such a deluded, twisted, hatefull old man. so are you saying that unless you serve an apprenteship you can never be classed as a plumber? what utter cobblers. i have met loads of good, fast, knowlegeable and competant plumbers and i cant think of one that was an apprentis. so stick that in your haggis and eat it, you give scots a bad name...

11. graceland

graceland Active Member

smokey nets you mug, i enquired about plumbing because i knew i was doing the gas course and sometimes gas goes through pipes that need plumbing?
    i have no need to go back to lorry driving, doing ok at the gas/plumbing thank you very much. both the placements i work with want me to work with them when the course finishes in may, what else is there to say?
    im a top worker mate, whcih is what its all about.
    i dont need advice from mugs like you so *

12. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

how dare you ***** old mug. i have never known of
    such a deluded, twisted, hatefull old man. so are you
    saying that unless you serve an apprenteship you can
    never be classed as a plumber?

Yes, that's just what I'm saying, Christ you're thick!!!
    All real tradesmen view the CC's and CCC's as skum, don't just read my posts, read what others have written also!!
    Do you think if I was the only one who thought that, I'd get so much support??

what utter cobblers. i
    have met loads of good, fast, knowlegeable and
    competant plumbers and i cant think of one that was
    an apprentis.

That's because you are mixing with a bunch of other cowboys, with not a real Plumber in sight. Is it you lot that's reasonable for all the flooding in England???

so stick that in your haggis and eat
    it, you give scots a bad name...

Why, because I speak the truth!!!
    You must have a very big inferiority complex, cowboy!!

BTW, your English is very bad, did you have any formal education???

13. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Elvis, lets face it you can't stick at any job, so how do you think you'll make a Gas Fitter???
    Plus there's your bad back, the rest of your install team will be carrying you after the first radiator you've to lift. Stick to the lorry driving fatso!!!

14. oooops

oooops Active Member

I see you haven't lost your touch Dick. :)

15. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Also, I forgot to add: any CC or CCC will not have the physical strength of a time served guy. If they were used to sifting at a desk or driving a lorry for 15 year, they'll be as weak as kittens.

Say, some *** has been in IT for ten years and then does a 8 week course in Plumbing, you give him a job and he fecks his back after a few months, guess who's paying his compo........YOU!!!!!!!!!

16. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

But you recently had a female plumber working for you Dick who you said was wonderful?????????????????

17. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

Don't be sad just because Tracybabes rejected you Dick ,another minger will come along soon.
    They do say there is a partner for everyone in this life

18. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

Hey Guys,

Just to add my experiences to this topic....

I recently had a TS plumber with 25+ years experience come to do a job for me. Simple one really - change a radiator and fit 15mm chrome plated copper in place of the microbore.

This joker cut the microbore pipe a few inches above the floor and fitted the reducer to this - totally spoiling the effect of the chrome pipework. Additionally, the pipework was left 'squint' - a very poor job indeed. He then tells me that he is too busy to fix it, but might be able to come back next week to fix it.

So I called a reputable building firm, and they sent out a guy who turned out to be an IT career changer. He lifted the floor, and used a pipe-bender to form a well-fitting run of pipe and moved the reducer to under the floor level and a good 500mm away from where the pipe joins the rad. Very professional job.

So I am now of the opinion that your plumbing apprenticeships aren't worth squat - what counts is the attitude and professionalism of the plumber doing the job - and this is NOT determined by the route they took into the industry, rather their own personal standards and work ethic.

I am NOT happy to be ripped of by a cowboy just because he has done an apprenticeship when he was a pimply faced youth.

19. budzinski

budzinski New Member

Thank you furious customer.