Plumbing in ensuite

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by hollyb96, Mar 12, 2021.

1. hollyb96

hollyb96 Member

Hi, i am going to be renovating a house this year. I have found one i like the look of and would like to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms. I plan on doing the majority of the work throughout the house myself as im very handy and have a big interest in the renovating process and love to learn. I have watched so many youtubers plumb in their own bathrooms themselves. They make it look easy. I know I will have to do a lot of research before doing it if i was to do it myself but just wondered if anyone would advice that this is a bad idea? Is it a lot harder than it looks? Also, if i decided to not plumb it myself and have a professional to do it how much would that cost if i did all the tiling, fitting the toilet, shower, and sink myself? (so just the price for the pipework)
    Thanks

2. Lee Timotheou

Lee Timotheou New Member

The pipework is relatively easy. It's routing it that is hard that all depends on the layout. The large waste pipe for a toilet will be required.

3. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    You can find lots of information on line, how to do things, but..

I don’t think it’s a good idea to just think , ah! I’ll put an en-suite in,

to renovate a house, there a lots to consider. Is the wiring ok ?
    Is the place sound and water tight
    Heating system ok,
    Etc...
    It’s not good to put in a nice fancy shower, but not have a hot water system that can cope with the demand ?

Gantt chart, check it out,

Good luck,
    Peter