Plywood underlayment for lvt

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by njm, Sep 19, 2021.

1. njm

njm Member

Hello,
    My question if anyone can answer it is-is it ok to fill the screw holes and blend the joints in a plywood subfloor with 2 pack wood filler?Im coming to the end of renovating my own bathroom and ive ive done the usuall plywood subfloor over the floor boards(used 9mm), ive gorilla glued the joints and put a bit of glue underneath each sheet just to bind it all together(hopefully!?), i know usually floor layers use a bit of latex leveller(ardex feather finish?) to blend any marks out but im thinking could i use ronseal 2 part high performance wood filler(2 pack as i call it) and then sand it back flat. What do people think?

2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

If you're laying lvt floor over the ply, who do you want to go about filling screw holes?

3. njm

njm Member

So they dont show through the vinyl mate? Seen it done on site, they usually use a latex floor leveller to feather out the joints and hide the scew holes , just thought rather than messing about buying a big bag of leveller for a 3m2 floor is there any pitfalls to using woodfiller instead?

4. njm

njm Member

Its stickdown lvt btw not the click stuff