Polish plumbers starting up own business

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by budzinski, Jul 19, 2007.

1. budzinski

budzinski New Member

This is the best future for us in this country because we will not get any help from UK plumbers who just want to use us as cheap labour polish companys will relocate business here and work for ourselfs at the right price we do not need middlemen because we can do it all ourselfs or we will be cheeted forever

2. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

I sense delusions of grandeur dear boy. Your main asset over here is that you are skilled and cheap compared to corporate employees. You will still have to compete on price with the cowboys and chancers like Graceland etc
    This whole plumbing lark is over subscribed and will disappear up it's own **** one day soon just like all the other trends of the past have done.

3. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Hi budoffsky -there are already too many spacemen and not enough rockets. Too many cowboys and not enough tethers for their horses - and now come our friendly poles.
    A word to the wise - a small plumbing business needs to live and work in the community it serves. Thereafter, hard work and diligence builds up a good customer base, word of mouth advertising and very few chances for newbies.
    I welcome new outfits coming to town, mainly because their initial start up costs and revenue expenses mean they have to hit the ground running. Shiny new vans, big adverts, flashy tools etc - it's all a load of ******.We've been knocking out a good living in this game in the same place for 40 years. We know a lot of our customers earn 5 or 6 quid an hour at work and some even have to pay off a 30 or 40 quid bill at a fiver a week. That's why we can take it easy - we belong here, we know the area, and we know 'whit like'local folk.
    You can be the best plumber in the world but unless you sell yourself to the customer you might as well walk around all day with steel wool in yer skiddies. Good luck anyway (nowhere near glasgow are ye?)

[Edited by: admin5]

4. sussexplumb1

sussexplumb1 New Member

Go ahead start a business properly - tax, VAT advertising and so forth you can't do that for ten punds an hour

5. > and will disappear up it's own **** one day soon

..just like all the TST's

6. > there are already too many spacemen and not enough rockets.

Too many cowboys and not enough tethers for their horses

..and too many TST's and not enough medals

7. morbius

morbius New Member

This is the best future for us in this country
    because we will not get any help from UK plumbers who
    just want to use us as cheap labour polish companys
    will relocate business here and work for ourselfs at
    the right price we do not need middlemen because we
    can do it all ourselfs or we will be cheeted forever

My heart Bleeds for you,

Lets face it bud, the reason you get the work over british born people is because you ARE cheap labour, all the garbage about how good you all are is a myth, you are no better than british born plumbers.

If you were the same rate as british workers do you really think you would get any work, the people that employ you do so because you are cheap.

Cheated forever?, how are you being cheated, theres one reson you are here, because you can earn a damn sight more than you can at home, so if you feel you are being cheated then leave.

How do you think british born workers feel when they have mortgages to pay and families to support here, where the cost of living is considerably higher than in poland. You guys come along, live in the cheapest accomadation you can find, many dont pay tax, insurance etc, and then you send all your money home which is hardly supporting the british economy as the government want us to believe.
    How are they meant to compete with you, theres no way someone here can work for what you can.

So before you winge about how hard done by you are, have a little think mate, and if you still dont like it then you can always go home to poland.

And before you mention about british workers abroad, have a look at the rates that they charged, that was FAIR competition, based on their level of skill and not because of how much money they wanted to be paid.

8. budzinski

budzinski New Member

Yes tightenit i am in Glasgow and will soon be your boss if you are lucky enough to get a job with me

9. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Well said morbius. I do remember enjoying auf wiedersehn pet - though I think our lads were living quite cheaply over there with the germans. But still it was only television. 4/5 of the world used to be in the british commonwealth. Now we can't even calm down a few camel ragheads. Why don't we all move to poland and buy cheap houses, rent our houses here to the poles, and spend all day drinking cheap vodka and watching laptop dancing;o)Sure beats smacking a cast iron bath into pieces using a lump hammer and someone's duvet as a buffer - yes, our apprentice did today. ***** feathers everywhere - lady of the house not best pleased. Humble apology, new duvet .0001 tog replacement. Don't teach you that on these courses do they?

10. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Great minds think alike buzoffski, I've never had a boss before - what do they do?

11. --------- plumbing

--------- plumbing New Member

I've never had a boss before - what do they do?

i've got boss white is that the same thing

12. *........plumbing

13. --------- plumbing

--------- plumbing New Member

another one whos wanted just as much as the bosnians

14. budzinski

budzinski New Member

Great minds think alike buzoffski, I've never had a
    boss before - what do they do?

Every customer is your boss. You are stupid man

15. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

Ignore these morons they are insecure and running scared.
    Experienced confident tradesmen have no fear of competition.

16. morbius

morbius New Member

Ignore these morons they are insecure and running
    scared.
    Experienced confident tradesmen have no fear of
    competition.

nothing to do with being insecure and scared ally

Why do you think Bud is here in the first place, simply because he can earn alot more than at home in poland.

And now he is complaining because he is being cheated, and yet he reamins here, why?, because it is infinately better than working in poland.

He should be grateful we are such an open and welcoming country and that he can get a job here in the first place, unlike many other countries in the world.

Instead he complains about being cheated, well as ive said before, if he dont like it then can always feckoffski back to poland,, nothings stopping him.

17. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

Why do you think Bud is here in the first place,
    simply because he can earn alot more than at home in
    poland. As could you if you went to work in Saudi Arabia

And now he is complaining because he is being
    cheated, and yet he reamins here, why?, because it is
    infinately better than working in poland.
    All alone in a strange place with no family or friends ?
    He should be grateful we are such an open and
    welcoming country and that he can get a job here in
    the first place, unlike many other countries in the
    world.
    EU open border policy,nothing to do with British hospitality

Instead he complains about being cheated, well as ive
    said before, if he dont like it then can always
    feckoffski back to poland,, nothings stopping him.
    As could you when you discover that some half witted Saudi is earning double what you are getting

18. tightenit

tightenit New Member

We've been working with some polish lads today, joiners. Very good and quick too. Don't blame anyone for wanting to better themselves and feed their families. It can't be easy living away from home in cheap digs. Much of the site labour around here is polish now, cheap as chips.As for being good workers, there'll be good and bad amongst them I suppose.Longer term they'll either settle in with their families here, or just go home and make a fresh start.
    I can't see many staying for too long cos they'll want bigger houses, cars,tv's and the like, and there aint that sort of money around atm with interest rates going upwards and the economy slowing down.The credit bubble is about to burst I think, and then here we go....................down the pan again like the early seventies.

19. morbius

morbius New Member

Ally

If i did go to work in Saudi Arabia I wouldnt be whinging about being cheated, I would be grateful to have the opportunity to earn a wage far in excess of what I would be able to earn in my own country.

All alone in a strange place with no family or friends?
    please, give me a break ally, it was HIS choice to come here. And as for no friends, well im sure the polish community in this country have a network in place. You make it sound as if he had no choice but to come here, everyonr has a choice ally.

EU open border policy - nothing to do with british hospitality -

Why pass through germany, france etc to get here then, Ill tell you why, because we are alot more welcoming than those countries, this would be an intersting one for Bud to answer.

And as for your last comment, no I wouldnt be complaining, I would realise that i was fortunate to be able to work in that country and earn a better living than I would in my own country. After all i would be a Guest

20. yarasper

yarasper New Member

Think this is all a wind up lads , however will take the bait Polish or any other european plumber is not any better than the average plumber here .If joe bloggs wants to employ a pole on cheap rates thats up to him.You pay peanuts you get monkeys .Know of a company in Glasgow that started a few o them hard workers but bloody hopeless ,Could hardly speak the queens English .Health and safety nightmare try and explain what you wanted them to do took for hours that you ended up doing it yourself got punted after a month last a heard they were working as sparkies.Most are not time served but like odd job men soon get found out.And i bet if they start up on their own we all know you need a fair bit of capital AND fully comp liability insurance where they going to afford that lot .