Political correctness

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by facilities, Feb 5, 2018.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I was trying to explain it so facs could understand it but I didn't realise I had to dumb it down so far that you could get it as well

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

That's one excuse I suppose.
    See, it doesn't make any sence.
    What 'abuse', what 'problem'?

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If you can't be bothered to follow the post then don't bother.

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'll take that as an 'I don't know' then?
    Fair do's.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why don't you just change you avi to "Obtuse" and save us all a lot of time.
    If you haven't got the cojones to get into a debate why don't you just slink off and play netball.

6. Longsie 'rocks'. Apparently.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm sure he does, sat on a chair rocking backwards and forwards muttering to himself...

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Hey, Hey, Hey, this is a diy forum.

longboat likes this.
  9. facilities

facilities Guest

Well then I thought I had finished with this thread but some posts are heaven sent, quote Chips above,

“I'm not very pc amongst friends but when dealing with people in a professional capacity or simply amongst people I don't know too well I try not to offend them.
    I call this politeness” so people you don’t know so well you try not to offend them, and you call this politeness,

So how come tonight on the thread “Awkward Customers” this being the first post from new member Ron12 you have called him a liar in 2 of your posts on that thread, your posts were 11, and 15 when he appears to be making an honest statement,

In case you need reminding of the SF forum mission statement

“The Screwfix Community Forum strives to be a friendly and supportive place“

It may be unreasonable of me but I would take that to mean don’t call members liars. Certainly not on a hunch

Anyway don’t bother answering DA will be along shortly to answer on your behalf and I must admit he’s much more fun. Over to you DA

longboat likes this.
  10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

What's the selection process, do you have the 'grindr app' on your phone?

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I didn't call him a liar, I suggested there was more to the story than he was letting on and I'm sure I'll be justified in the end and I was polite.
    I would also suggest that there is more to your post than a worry about the op's feelings and that you are a sanctimonious **** :)
    And no I don't crack jokes with people I don't like, I save that and the touchy feely stuff for my friends.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What's that?

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

It's what is commonly referred to as a 'question', the 'normal' response to a 'question' is to provide something commonly referred to as an 'answer'. Stick with us Chipps you'll soon get the hang of it, or maybe not.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I know you have problems with the concept of questions but this was an easy one, what's grindr?

15. facilities

facilities Guest

Sanctimonious Moi ?

1 2 3 4 5.........where the hell is he? :)

longboat likes this.
  16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Now, now, chippy chops.
    Pointing out that you are not exempt from the rules of forum decorum that you yourself declared, should not be seen in any way as lacking cojones. Far from it.
    I've proven your hypocritical tendencies on this very thread, and yet you accuse me of being obtuse. Hmmm?

Anywho.
    What are your thoughts on the article you posted?

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'm not totally sure but I believe I read, possibly in The Guardian, that it is a mobile phone app that introduces men to other men who like to hug each other, or something like that.

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

They will be the same thoughts that I told you the first time you asked this question, what are your answers to the questions I asked at the same time or are you sticking to being obtuse?
    Come on, man up and answer a question

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If SF pete has a problem then I'm sure he will let me know so don't worry your pretty head about it.

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

It's an amusing article with a dramatic headline stating we'll be paying for Brexit until 2060 or something, reading further it points out that the settlement figure is at the mid point of all the previous estimates, and 2.5 billion, possibly for pensions will be staged over the next whatever number of years, big deal, non story.