polycarbonate sheeting

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by koikeeper, Dec 7, 2003.

1. koikeeper

koikeeper New Member

I have a pond over which is a pagoda, what I would like to do is put sheeting on the roof and the sides( to stop the wind chill & to escape the naging)can anyone tell me what channeling & fixings to use not forgeting that it all comes off in the summer

Attached Files:

2. Thermo

Thermo New Member

what shape is the pagoda, as this will be a consideration as to what type of channels you use. Most polycarbonate sheeting can be fixed with a snap on type channel. The metal base profile would have to be screwed to your pagoda, then the capping profile clips over the top clipping the polycarbonate in place. Youd be able to remove it in the summer, although im not sure how many times it would stand be taken on and off. going to put my thinking cap on!!

3. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

The darn extra fittings you need for the polycarb are very expensive too compared to the actual sheeting. Get her indoors to pay for it!! :)

4. koikeeper1

koikeeper1 New Member

the pagoda is 4.6m x 2.6m & 2.3 ht. I've seen plastic and metal capping on screwfix which do you think is the best to use, i was thinking plastic as it might slide off better. The base of the pagoda will have 6" x 2" timber around it(bolted as it's temp.) I was thinking of puting some sort of channelling( any idea of which type, depth & where from) on the top of it and some on the underside of the roof & just slideing the sheeting in with a brace in the middle for support & duct tapeing the joints.I was also thinking of useing 16mm poly.(!)
    Many thanks