Poor finishing on a fitted kitchen

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Pj252, Jan 19, 2023.

?

Is this a good finish on a fitted kitchen?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pj252

Pj252 New Member

Hi

I’ve just had a kitchen fitted & I’m not happy at all with the finish/snagging

Just wanted to ask for some other opinions as I know sometime I can be fussy

The tiles seem to be uneven?

They have boxed in the boiler pipes but stuck the box to my worktop with silicone?

the windowsill seems to have been cut short & then just sealed with silicone?

I’ve also noticed the bar that runs along side cupboard seems to be short to?

I’ll add some pictures so hopefully people will be able to see what I’m talking about.

Attached Files:

2. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

There are a number of experienced kitchen fitters on here but I can't resist.

This is bad, just about all of it. The fact they have used a worktop joint strip gives the game away, they are not kitchen fitters. Who ever did the grouting is not a tiler.

Did you pay for this (I hope it was cheap if you did) or was it a "council job"; I have to ask so apologies beforehand.

Kitfit likes this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Two things that stand out:-

1, The kitchen fitter certainly isn't a kitchen fitter.

2, The tiler certainly isn't a tiler.

The positive coming out of this is they are well matched as they both have no idea or skill.

kitfit1, Kitfit, Sparkielev and 2 others like this.
  4. Pj252

Pj252 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply’s

I thought it was just me being fussy

I will be contacting them with regards to the finish

5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I don't wish to be a wet blanket but to fix this will require most of it pulling out and redoing. It will be interesting to see what feedback you get but if they have got your money I will not be surprised if they say it is fine. If that is the standard they work to I would expect their customer relations to be much the same.

Let us know how you get on and best of luck.

6. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

They have no clue. Please tell me they weren’t supplied to you as kitchen fitters. The standard of workmanship isn’t even close to amateur DIY.

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Not great is it. Lack of planning and attention to detail.

8. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Wonder what the plumbing and electrics are like.

9. P.A.H

P.A.H Member

Was it the trades suggested by the company you bought it from. For instance, ikea, howdens, bq etc, have fitters on their books. I always tell people who ask me for a quote to go with the fitters on their books where they bought it from, as they are the best at that certain styles of kitchen and you will 99.9% get a better job. They just do kitchens and everyday, whereas most joiners will do it randomly.

10. P.A.H

P.A.H Member

You also have a better chance of bad work fixed.

11. Pj252

Pj252 New Member

I should have explained I’m in a private rent this is the subcontractor my landlord has used it’s also a Howdens kitchen

It has not been cleared off as a done job yet as is was only completed this morning

I Also haven’t complained or sent the pictures to my landlord as yet as I wanted to get some opinions to make sure I was not over reacting

I’ve added a few more pictures just to show how bad the work really is & I’ve only uploaded a handful full of problems there many more!!

Attached Files:

12. P.A.H

P.A.H Member

Probably a tradie your landlord used for all sorts maybe.

DBCDIY and Pj252 like this.
  13. DBCDIY

DBCDIY Screwfix Select

I think (?) what you meant to say is that your landlord's just had a kitchen fitted in one of his lets - by someone who's obviously clueless (but probably cheap)...and as a result you now have accommodation with a very sub-standard fitted kitchen...which the landlord will try to tell you it's a major improvement over the previous one...and you should be grateful. Grrr :(

Astramax and Pj252 like this.
  14. Pj252

Pj252 New Member

Funny you say that when I moved into this property 22 years ago I had a kitchen fitted that was still standing strong considering it was 22 years old

It was in better condition than the one they have put in!!

gadget man likes this.
  15. P.A.H

P.A.H Member

I guess you will have to let the landlord make that decision.
    Tradie on this one clearly did he could with capabilities and I’m guessing the landlords may know what the outcome may be like and may not really be are.d maybe..

16. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I think that post is a more than fair summary of all the pics i have seen in this thread.
    I could even go into a worst train of thought, but i think the OP already knows this is a rubbish fit not fitted by anyone that knows what they doing, done at the lowest possible price.