porous kitchen tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by giveitatry, Feb 8, 2007.

1. giveitatry

giveitatry New Member

My brother and I tiled my kitchen floor and did a great job if I say so meself. The tiles are grey speckled polished stone - of some kind. The thing is, they can stain easily if you spill tea or something along those lines and don't wipe it up immediately.

Is there any kind of sealant I can put on them without spoiling the finish? Or will we just have to be a bit more vigilant.

2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Any natural stone should be sealed, the sealer will depend on the type of stone and what look you are after - matt as natural stone or a more glossy look. Do a web search for Lithofin, thay do a sealer for most applications.

Jason

3. ramsden

ramsden New Member

I bought Lithofin MN stainstop for my marble tiles from this URL: http://www.extensive.co.uk/section.php/21/0 . It's crackin'.

God knows why screwfix don't stock more in the way or professional standard tile adhesives/sealants.

4. giveitatry

giveitatry New Member

Well you learn summat every day. I didn't know there was a sealant for polished tiles!

Thanks I will purchase some asap.

Loz

5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

The "polish" only refers to how fine the surface was ground, honed would have used a coarser grit and left a matt finish.

Jason